Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that UEFA looks at some kind of Coefficient based on the last ten years, and divides money from a pot. So City will get more from that pot, for sure. I can't find the exact numbers for 2018/2019, but looking at past years, my guess is that City will earn about €15m less, from CL.
I’ve just checked, City earned 31m from the market (England) pool and Liverpool 23m.

Weird then that Klopp said this: "I never celebrated that another team dropped points or lost a game. For me that's not allowed." about Kyle Walker when Walker tweeted in celebration of Liverpool dropping points.

Ooo I think I know the answer to this one. Is it because he’s a lying hypocrite?

Unbelievable they can revel in crime, years ago a lot of the Mersey Tunnel staff were nicked for creaming cash from the toll fee. Some had flash cars and holiday homes abroad. I wonder how many of their Custom Officers are bent, send the Army in to patrol Shipments, I reckon drugs confiscations will increase significantly.

I write this because it's my personal experience. There are a lot of good people in Liverpool, but they are under siege and the feral street rats are making it a real feat to escape the process, without leaving the rotting carcass of a city. It is out Naples, or Palermo, its a crime ridden city, where psychotic criminals rule up close and from afar.
But this persona that they identify with means that the city is doomed.

Let's face reality here, we are NEVER going to be the media's blue-eyed boys: the rags, the dippers and -to a lesser extent- Spurs, will always occupy those positions. Whatever we have achieved in the past, and whatever we achieve in the future, we will never get even 5% of the fawning adulation the 'glory' clubs get from the tabloids and the likes of Sky and BT, and also the Beeb.

We had the temerity, the sheer effrontery, to come along and put the rags' noses out of joint - a major sin in the eyes of the British media. Roberto Mancini had the impudence to not only stand up to that snarling, rancid, despotic bully, but to also get the better of him - repeatedly. Something the likes of Slug Custis and his parasitical mates will never forgive us for.

And I am loving every bastard nanosecond of it. Second only to the trophies we have amassed, and the scintillating football we have played in order to win those said trophies, second only to that is the fact that the media in this country are being made to look like the unethical, biased, amateur hacks we've always known they are.
Spurs being one of the darlings only makes sense because they are a London club, especially with Arsenal and Chelsea on the decline recently. They, like Chelsea are relative newcomers to the top of the English game, that video of the top 10 topflight table someone posted confirmed it for me. Not that they weren't well supported, but they were well funded throughout the 70s and 80s, that's how they rose. If I remember right neither of them(Spurs or Chelsea) appear in the top 10, until the 1980s which says it all. City have been in and around the top 10 for much longer.

Everything about today's game is skewed because of the belief that the 90s were the golden age of English football. The breakaway topflight league, the uneven splits... it's easy to see which clubs enjoyed the 90s the most and why they think that. For them to turn around now and complain about where this has "organically" progressed to is somehow unfair on them, when it was their own greed that led to it, is hypocrisy. They got more than they deserved out of the decision to put business before football and "fairness" in the 90s.

Last edited:
Spurs being one of the darlings only makes sense because they are a London club(especially with Arsenal and Chelsea on the decline). They, like Chelsea are relative newcomers to the top of the English game, that video of the top 10 topflight table someone posted confirmed it for me. Not that they weren't well supported, but they were well funded throughout the 70s and 80s, that's how they rose. If I remember right neither of them(Spurs or Chelsea) appear in the top 10, until the 1980s which says it all(City have been in and around the top 10 for much longer).

Everything about today's game is skewed because of the belief that the 90s were the golden age of English football. The breakaway topflight league, the uneven splits... it's easy to see which clubs enjoyed the 90s the most and why they think that, but for them to turn around now and complain about where this has "organically" progressed to is unfair when it was their own greed that led to it, is hypocrisy.
The ghost of Bill Nicholson might come back and haunt you for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.