FIFA Women's WC France 2019

To an extent NBA isn't as physical. European players in the NBA are typically more finesse players. Many players with size and strength that grew up playing in America bring a good bit of physicality to the game.
Yeah that's one thing, giants play that game, I guess that does make it macho friendly in itself.

I'm aware of the salary cap and have discussed it earlier in the thread today. It's time for it to go. Sorry but it was a bit of a red flag when you said women don't possess a footballing brain. I don't know what circles you move in at grassroots but it's obvious that the standard of the game in this country is improving rapidly. I don't know why someone involved with the women's game for the past 10 year would speak negatively about pass completion rates and complain about the standard when there's plenty to optimistic about based on this year's tournament. It goes without saying that the lack of infrastructure and support for the women's game in this country is the reason that the standard isn't as high as the men's, surely nobody needs that pointing out. The women's game is moving in the right direction though and of course a good showing in this world cup will get more people interested and help push things along. We desperately need to retain the best players in the domestic league too though (hence the need for the salary cap to go).
The reason I say that most women who play football don't possess a footballing brain is because it is true. For example if you are one nil up in a tight game with a few minutes left to play you wouldn't rush to take your throw ins, free kicks corners etc. The amount of times I have told players to not rush and they look at you in total shock as if what you are telling them is stupid. Many of them don't watch professional football either live or even highlights so how on earth can they grasp slightly more technical ideas when they struggle with the basics. That's a fact

The reason I say that most women who play football don't possess a footballing brain is because it is true. For example if you are one nil up in a tight game with a few minutes left to play you wouldn't rush to take your throw ins, free kicks corners etc. The amount of times I have told players to not rush and they look at you in total shock as if what you are telling them is stupid. Many of them don't watch professional football either live or even highlights so how on earth can they grasp slightly more technical ideas when they struggle with the basics. That's a fact

Interestingly enough in this thread many posters were complaining the American women were "timewasting" yesterday. ;)

Right ok. Despite what you say, you talk like your experience of the women's game is quite narrow. It certainly doesn't mirror mine whatsoever.

Right ok. Despite what you say, you talk like your experience of the women's game is quite narrow. It certainly doesn't mirror mine whatsoever.
Maybe it is maybe it isn't. Might be different areas of the country or different levels of the pyramid. I just see it as I find it.

Interestingly enough in this thread many posters were complaining the American women were "timewasting" yesterday. ;)
They weren't great at it though were they...They should watch Time Howard for a start...
My point is that they aren't as savvy as the men despite being there being hours and hours of men's footage to study. If we are talking about time wasting have you seen how long it takes Sergio to leave a field when his number is up? Mind you that will change this season with the new laws.

I agree, but we don't need to be making split hair decisions with technology that isn't good enough, and I firmly believe that only bad decisions should be reviewed, and the benefit of doubt should be with the attacking team.

Agree, the offside law needs a rethink, and attempting to ascertain whether an attacker's toe nail is nearer the goal line than the ball when it's played is causing most of the controversy. The VAR shed will pontificate on the basis of which ever video frame provides the best view and then some dubious lines are drawn to accommodate the decision. If the use of VAR continues over the next few years in the way we have seen it used over the last couple of seasons we might well end up watching a game, or not watching(!), which has had the excitement sucked out of it!

Agree, the offside law needs a rethink, and attempting to ascertain whether an attacker's toe nail is nearer the goal line than the ball when it's played is causing most of the controversy. The VAR shed will pontificate on the basis of which ever video frame provides the best view and then some dubious lines are drawn to accommodate the decision. If the use of VAR continues over the next few years in the way we have seen it used over the last couple of seasons we might well end up watching a game, or not watching(!), which has had the excitement sucked out of it!

Totally agree with the comment at the end, if it does carry on like this. I thought VAR was supposed to be for clear and obvious decisions, not somebody’s little toenail may or may not be offside after 5 mins of reviews.
Last nights goal that was chalked off and the one that Englands men scored against Holland were so close that you couldn’t possibly tell from the camera angles used, yet they chose to rule them out.
Rags and Dippers not even having TV screens to watch the replays on is an absolute disgrace, they should be made to add them to their grounds or forfeit points for each game played without it.
Thought the ladies were very unlucky last night, the disallowed goal and the length of time to get the penalty decision obviously didn’t help the taker, and the USA just played that bit more canny as the ref gave them everything, I thought at one point one of the English girls was gonna give the ref a right mouthful for picky or wrong decisions.

CTID

I'm not sure there's any crowd at the Netherlands v Sweden match.

Surprised the ones there are staying, the standard of football has been shocking in the 15 min I've been watching.
Both of these teams would have been Battered by either of last nights teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.