VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Watching the women's world cup, and I've gone from being totally in favour to being against it. The laws of the game retain interpretation, centimetres don't feel enough to call onside/offside, and there is still inconsistency from one game to the next and debate afterwards.

The main problem of offsides with VAR is that we have no idea whether the linesman would have given it without VAR.

would you say the same if next season Salah dives, ref gives a penalty , ref checks with VAR and the penalty is not given and the cheating diving twat gets booked ?

Couldn't give a fuck about him. He got away with it all last season, and they still couldn't match us.

Couldn't give a flying fuck whether there's the odd wrong decision against us if, as I mentioned in a previous post, the introduction of VAR takes away that magical feeling when your team score. Which it will, as everyone's first reaction will be to wonder whether there's a reason for VAR to look at it.

FUCK VAR!

Unfortunately, you are correct, I thought VAR would come in and take away the cheat's charter for Manure and Liverpool, the blatant offside goals that these clubs manage to get away with season after season, the soft non-penalty decisions also.

It seems now that goals are being chalked off correctly by using a slide rule to find that the forward was actually a toenail offside, even though they really still cannot be 100% accurate on this imo, the angle of the lines seem somewhat iffy on occasion to say the least. It was supposed to be a clear and obvious reason to overturn decisions but really the worst thing is the fact it seems to take 5 minutes of fucking around and then the ref decides to go and take a look and that is another 5 minutes and shockingly they still get the clear and obvious decision wrong, rendering it fucking pointless in the extreme.

I will never forgive it for the 5 laps of the living room after Sterling's goal v Spurs.

So I am now in the FUCK VAR CLUB.

Unfortunately, you are correct, I thought VAR would come in and take away the cheat's charter for Manure and Liverpool, the blatant offside goals that these clubs manage to get away with season after season, the soft non-penalty decisions also.

It seems now that goals are being chalked off correctly by using a slide rule to find that the forward was actually a toenail offside, even though they really still cannot be 100% accurate on this imo, the angle of the lines seem somewhat iffy on occasion to say the least. It was supposed to be a clear and obvious reason to overturn decisions but really the worst thing is the fact it seems to take 5 minutes of fucking around and then the ref decides to go and take a look and that is another 5 minutes and shockingly they still get the clear and obvious decision wrong, rendering it fucking pointless in the extreme.

I will never forgive it for the 5 laps of the living room after Sterling's goal v Spurs.

So I am now in the FUCK VAR CLUB.

VARIAFC!

Anyone see the sky sports VAR piece with Howard Webb in the MLS?

There was an offside which got reviewed and showed 2 different angles, one made it look onside the other offside I thought.

Hardly conclusive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.