Decoys in the transfer markets

Theengelbert

Seeing as the moment we show a sniff of interest in players - Sanchez, Fred, Maguire, Jorginho, Johnny Evans... then other clubs seem to just mindlessly jump in and try and compete with us. Does anyone genuinely think we are using decoy tactics in the transfer window?

Think about it.. whenever we get a transfer done, it just seems to be done, quickly and with hardly any fuss. I feel like the Bernardo silva one just occurred completed behind the scenes. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if we aren’t after maguire at all and then we’ll just pop up with a reasonably priced centre back who’ll do the business, leaving the rags with a £100m over-rated player (just like Fred/Sanchez).

Would love it if it were true, but probably not,
just like a magician, look over here and over here
and then from under the table out of sight appears the real target.

Seeing as the moment we show a sniff of interest in players - Sanchez, Fred, Maguire, Jorginho, Johnny Evans... then other clubs seem to just mindlessly jump in and try and compete with us. Does anyone genuinely think we are using decoy tactics in the transfer window?

Think about it.. whenever we get a transfer done, it just seems to be done, quickly and with hardly any fuss. I feel like the Bernardo silva one just occurred completed behind the scenes. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if we aren’t after maguire at all and then we’ll just pop up with a reasonably priced centre back who’ll do the business, leaving the rags with a £100m over-rated player (just like Fred/Sanchez).
No

I don't think it's in City's interests to disclose who our real targets are, so the media are probably used to cloud the issue, and if they do get an interest wrong, what's the benefit of putting them right? Very topical discussion.

To an extent, yes. I think we genuinely wanted these players, for a time, but were happy for the media to exaggerate our interest far longer than necessary. Makes it easier to go in for other players and if United end up signing a flop, that's just another bonus.

Another piece of evidence that suggests it may be true is how poor the signing have been that we’ve missed out on.. and how good the signings we’ve made generally are (with the exception on Mahrez but there’s still time for him to come good)

To an extent, yes. I think we genuinely wanted these players, for a time, but were happy for the media to exaggerate our interest far longer than necessary. Makes it easier to go in for other players and if United end up signing a flop, that's just another bonus.
Often they sign good players though and they flop because the management is so poor e.g. Zaha and Di Maria.

Yes. We'd be stupid not to frankly, since it then also allows us a clearer run at our real targets and limits the power of the clubs selling to us.

There are so many random factors to transfers.... Agents spouting shit, clubs spouting shit, players, the media, interested parties all putting false information out there... So much that I don't believe a word of transfer "gossip" until the player is wearing the city shirt.

I must say though that the club buy well, we hardly buy any duds. Good work city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.