Decoys in the transfer markets

Seeing as the moment we show a sniff of interest in players - Sanchez, Fred, Maguire, Jorginho, Johnny Evans... then other clubs seem to just mindlessly jump in and try and compete with us. Does anyone genuinely think we are using decoy tactics in the transfer window?

Think about it.. whenever we get a transfer done, it just seems to be done, quickly and with hardly any fuss. I feel like the Bernardo silva one just occurred completed behind the scenes. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if we aren’t after maguire at all and then we’ll just pop up with a reasonably priced centre back who’ll do the business, leaving the rags with a £100m over-rated player (just like Fred/Sanchez).

You may have a point...

This from the Express on the 28th June....

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...fer-news-Harry-Maguire-Man-City-Pep-Guardiola

well, it's hard to tell really as we have no idea how those players would have performed or developed under Pep or in a title winning team.

I'm not sure whether they are decoys or not but we know a lot of clubs & agents start running their mouths when City are around to ramp up the price and generate more interest from other clubs, City don't like this. As we know City like quieter transactions that are done in private so it may be that they keep clubs thinking we are interested while they quietly work on a new "real" target in the background.

I would say we were interested in all of those players you mention but probably ended the negotiations much earlier than the media have been suggesting.

In the current setting I do think City are maintaining an interest in Maguire but as he isn't agitating for a move yet they haven't made a bid because there is no point and are exploring other options, same with Ake I imagine City have made contact regarding a price and that's probably it at this stage.

I'm not sure whether they are decoys or not but we know a lot of clubs & agents start running their mouths when City are around to ramp up the price and generate more interest from other clubs, City don't like this. As we know City like quieter transactions that are done in private so it may be that they keep clubs thinking we are interested while they quietly work on a new "real" target in the background.

I would say we were interested in all of those players you mention but probably ended the negotiations much earlier than the media have been suggesting.

In the current setting I do think City are maintaining an interest in Maguire but as he isn't agitating for a move yet they haven't made a bid because there is no point and are exploring other options, same with Ake I imagine City have made contact regarding a price and that's probably it at this stage.

My first thoughts when I saw the Ake link was there is no genuine interest but City have put it out there to force Leicester's hand, I could be totally wide of the mark but I've no doubt this type of thing goes on all the time.

its a dirty world behind the closed doors of a football club in the transfer market ???? so much goes on that you would not believe, and many 3rd parties and agents/lawyers that hold the cards on other transfers on a player they have and on the back of your club signing a player from another agent then the shit can really hit the fans and stop a move

many a agent have dirty the door step of manchester city and willie mckay to name drop a **** of a agent of joey barton ??? and the death of that player in the air crash he was owned by willie mckay, and cutting corners getting a cheap flight over the channel with a dodgy pilot without the right to fly at night ?? why would you do that on a player ?? not like the move was on the cheap at £20million, and even if willie mckay is in the clear you would be daft to let him be your agent after that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.