Tips and experiences with cutting back on alchohol

avoid it Monday to Thursday and never drink indoors.

weekend go for it! i know that's not recommended but it's how i'll always roll

Just after some advice.... I have cut down my alcohol intake, but now eat a packet of caramel digestives every night and can only really function after I have demolished a bounty at 7.30am. I have ballooned in weight by 4 stone, and need help. Anyone have any experience cutting back?

Got to replace the calories some how, I'm always starving.

When you live a life of frivolity and luxury as I do, it is surprisingly easy to crack open a chilled bottle of chablis or a nice rioja on a very regular basis. I really (really) like wine and am quite partial to a malt or two as well. There is nothing nicer than a craft lager on a hot sunny day and the recent boom in fabulous new Gin brands has been ay eye opener for me. To digress for a second, I actually learned to mix a gin and tonic in the British Midland lounge at Manchester airport in the many dark evenings I was working in Halifax and flying back to Edinburgh (Halifax would turn anyone to drink). The formulae was quite simple: fill a large glass 2/3 full of ice. stick in a bit of lemon, pour in gin of choice to the level of ice and top up with half an inch of tonic. Mix and mmmm.

So dear reader, it will not surprise you when I say that last week (a monday if I remember), i awoke in the early hours with the distinct and palpable feeling that my internal organs were about to explode. I could feel my liver under my rib cage and it had a consistency of weathered teak. My pillow was so wet, I had to put it through mothers rubber mangle before I laid my head down again.

What to do? I ruminated.

So, I have given up alcohol (at least until our hols at the end of the month).
4 days in, if I have a wobble I just think of John Hurt and his internal organs exploding from his chest cavity like my liver. This has proven quite effective so far. Wish me luck on my journey to sobriety.

When you live a life of frivolity and luxury as I do, it is surprisingly easy to crack open a chilled bottle of chablis or a nice rioja on a very regular basis. I really (really) like wine and am quite partial to a malt or two as well. There is nothing nicer than a craft lager on a hot sunny day and the recent boom in fabulous new Gin brands has been ay eye opener for me. To digress for a second, I actually learned to mix a gin and tonic in the British Midland lounge at Manchester airport in the many dark evenings I was working in Halifax and flying back to Edinburgh (Halifax would turn anyone to drink). The formulae was quite simple: fill a large glass 2/3 full of ice. stick in a bit of lemon, pour in gin of choice to the level of ice and top up with half an inch of tonic. Mix and mmmm.

So dear reader, it will not surprise you when I say that last week (a monday if I remember), i awoke in the early hours with the distinct and palpable feeling that my internal organs were about to explode. I could feel my liver under my rib cage and it had a consistency of weathered teak. My pillow was so wet, I had to put it through mothers rubber mangle before I laid my head down again.

What to do? I ruminated.

4 days in, if I have a wobble I just think of John Hurt and his internal organs exploding from his chest cavity like my liver. This has proven quite effective so far. Wish me luck on my journey to sobriety.

Hi Howard

What to do? I ruminated.

You can do it - sounds like a sensible time to stop for a bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.