New phone upgrade

I know with Motorola they had a migrate app that helped facilitate a smooth transfer from any device to their own. I would imagine there are similar apps for just about any device out there

The biggest problem with migrating from Apple to Android is the fact that they're entirely different ecosystems.
Any apps you buy can't be transferred etc.
Photos and contacts can be transferred though I imagine

Anyone, please?
I'm thinking of making the switch from Apple to Android, mainly because I'll have a much wider choice of phone to buy. For the latest Apple, it's either the new one, the new one plus, or the new one lite. The possibility of using a stylus is something that appeals to me, and Samsung offer this.

You can backup your contacts from iPhone to Gmail, and you can backup your iPhone content including photos to iCloud. There are a number of online guides describing how you can then transfer your information back to an Android phone from either Gmail or iCloud.

Many applications are available on both platforms, and you need an account to log in to them. So you should be able to use the most popular apps on iPhone or Android, using the same account login. I transitioned from Apple Music to Spotify a while ago, and things like this reduce your reliability on one platform or the other.

I've decided to get the Samsung Note 10 when it is released next month, and I'm now busy making sure all my contacts are synchronised with Gmail, photos and other stuff backed up, and recording the log in details for my favourite apps (using LastPass, which is multi-platform).

Yeah it's really close to what the oneplus 7 pro looks like with the pop up camera, def worth the money mate.
Just waiting for it to come to the UK as it's still sold mainly in the EU and buying a phone off eBay does make me a little nervous as I'm not sure what warranty I'll get

Just waiting for it to come to the UK as it's still sold mainly in the EU and buying a phone off eBay does make me a little nervous as I'm not sure what warranty I'll get
Its on Amazon, they sell with a legal warranty of 6 months which is quite comprehensive and i think if you have an issue after that which is not due to an obvious accident, you can generally get that sorted through their sellers as well. Amazon have been really good on stuff i have bought from them if they've gone faulty, any issues with sellers you just go to the webchat and they will sort it out quickly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.