Yaya Toure Retires - City Legend and one of the Best ever

Colossal player.

In the midfield he was the boss, the conductor, the driver, and when he didn't start, which thankfully wasn't often, I just wondered where the force would come from. Totally fantastic player. We had a night match v West Ham a few seasons back. We were well on top with two or three goals to the good, the atmosphere was highly positive and I just thought I'd tell the folk in 323 that I could smell a goal! Five seconds later Yaya gathered the ball on the right side in front of the North Stand and smashed the ball into the top corner!

IMO he didn't kill his legacy in anyway! we all know how agents tend to play with the heads of footballers, but he never held the club ransom for a big pay day (like the little god in Barcelona did on numerous occasions ), he always put in a 10/10 performance, in his worse day Yaya gave at least a 7/10 performance. I hate it when people come here to talk down on iconic city legends, in Laliga whenever Ronaldo had a pay increase, Messi threw a fit and demanded a pay increase also, would you say Messi destroyed his legacy by acting like a petulant child? Go on I would like to see you say that!

Whatever happened between Yaya and Pep was PERSONAL, it had nothing to do with his performance for the team! we all knew there was some bad blood between the both of them and Pep left Yaya on the bench for a while but after that when Pep called on Yaya, Yaya returned the favour by scoring two goals against Fulham (I think it was Fulham). You might not agree with Yaya, but he has the right to say his mind as we all have our individual rights to agree or disagree with him, that had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with his performance as a great player for this great club, please show some respect. I don't see Barca fans talking shit about Messi when he holds the club ransom for a pay increase just because the tranny got one at Real , if you wouldn't say shit about Messi then don't say shit about Yaya. Ok?
You don't think his actions remotely tarnished anything of how he will be / should be remembered?

People can separate the two but I generally don't (hence I still love a lot of our players from the lower divisions with obviously lesser quality etc) - magnificent player for the majority of his time at the club but I can't be having the false claims of racist selection / his dying brother / cakegate etc.

For what it's worth, I feel the same about Tevez.

Anyways, this debate has been done a death on here as there is seemingly no middle ground.......

Watched the Sky Premier League 2013/14 Slippy G season, the other day and it showed just how much Yaya played a leading role in winning the title that season (and Dzeko).
Great season from a great player. How he wasn't POTY (and Pelligrini wasn't MOTY) defies sensible logic. Suarez and Pardew!

Pity about how it all went wrong mainly because of the agent IMO.

Watched the Sky Premier League 2013/14 Slippy G season, the other day and it showed just how much Yaya played a leading role in winning the title that season (and Dzeko).
Great season from a great player. How he wasn't POTY (and Pelligrini wasn't MOTY) defies sensible logic. Suarez and Pardew!

Pity about how it all went wrong mainly because of the agent IMO.
Undeniably

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.