John Mcririck

Wasn’t looking at all well last time I saw him. A pretty malign and selfish man, I reckon.

Anyway, RIP.
My experience of meeting him is the very opposite.

He was stood leaning on the rails of the paddock at Aintree just watching the horses being led around before the first race when I recognised him and said hello.
We chatted for a couple of minutes about the contenders and we both were taken by a grey novice hurdler named Desert Orchid. Wonder what happened to that horse?
He was very very gracious and had no ego at all when I spoke to him.
He had many faults but was a fun lover and deep down had a kind heart.

I, and Racing, will miss the big man.

He was stood leaning on the rails of the paddock at Aintree just watching the horses being led around before the first race when I recognised him and said hello.
We chatted for a couple of minutes about the contenders and we both were taken by a grey novice hurdler named Desert Orchid. Wonder what happened to that horse?

Ok, fair enough. Speak as you find etc..

He was sacked by the Daily Star because of his alleged gambling debts to a Southern based bookmakers. He took them to a tribunal and the bookmaker who he owed money to gave evidence in court that McCririck didn’t owe him anything. He won and the bookmaker got paid!

I worked in the Gambling Industry for many years and came across McCririck a few times, he wasn’t very sociable, I never saw him take a drink and he didn’t mix well. He tended to do whatever he was there for and disappear, he certainly didn’t stay up half the night having a good drink like a lot of us.

A very respectful post,well said DB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.