Champions League 2019/20

Oh dear Oh dear, so PSG are now better than Liverpool Lmao. Let me make the "obvious" very clear because it seems you lot are like Alice in wonderland. Uefa is not after you, Liverpool are currently the best team in Europe, and the UCL is the most prestigious title in club football. The fact that PSG finished above us in the group phase don't mean squat, no one cares about the group stages, all that matters is that you qualify from your group, after that your destiny is in your own hands. PSG are just like city, you lot and PSG can beat the Crvena zvezda's, watford's, and wolves of this world, but the moment you come up against even mid-level opponents you get beaten. Look at PSG, they got eliminated by a useless man utd team, I have no doubt that if we had faced them in the knockout stages we would have beaten them and progressed.

You said in 16/17 Monaco was an unreal team with Mbappe, Fabinho etc, and that's why they knocked you guys out. Thank you very much for proving my point, as i said you lot only know how to steamroll small teams, and usually have problems with mid to top tier teams in the UCL. Monaco had a good but inexperienced squad that year, but if you want to win the UCL, then you've got to be able to beat those kinds of teams. The fact that they had a good team did not stop Juventus from spanking them home and away.

Let's be honest in 17/18 the tie was effectively over after the 1st leg, because there was no way you guys were going to be beat us at the etihad without conceding. I'll be honest you guys were phenomenal in the league that season, and i can place my hand on my heart and say that if not for us, you would have gone the entire premier league season unbeaten, so I was expecting serious competition from you guys in that tie. But to my greatest surprise, you lot simply collapsed, i couldn't believe what I was seeing, your defence was completely atrocious. The first goal, till today i still don't know how Kyle walker did not clear that ball. The second goal, your defence failed to close down chamberlain even though he had scored a similar goal against you guys just a few weeks earlier. The third goal was just excellent play from us, and it practically killed the tie. In the return leg you had a good first half but a non existent second half were individual mistakes cost you again (Kyle Walker again cost you another goal, whether he was trying to pass the ball or clear it only God knows)

Last season I thought you lot would finally learn from your mistakes and get your act together, but oh boy was i wrong. I will admit you were hard done by the last goal, but lets be honest, you would never have been in that situation if you hadn't missed a penalty in the 1st leg and stupidly gifted Spurs 2 free goals in the 2nd leg. The first goal was because Stones had a brain fart and passed the ball to Son one on one with your keeper. The second was Laporte having his own brain fart and handing the ball to Lucas Moura. When we lost the Europa league & UCL finals because of Moreno and Karius respectively, we didn't blame Uefa, we simply realized that we needed better defenders, and we went and got Robertson and Allison. You lot are your own worst enemy, leave Uefa out of it.

As for the Premier League title, I will admit that it was the title i wanted us to win at the start of the season, but it was for two reasons. The first reason was that we haven't won it for so long. The second was that it was more straight forward and easier than the UCL. In the premier league, the only team that we really had to worry about was city (our only loss came against city) because we were capable of beating all the other teams, hence making it more easily predictable. The reason we didn't prioritize the UCL was because of the amount of quality in that Competition, there were just too many quality teams there (Real Madrid, Barcelona, Athletico, Juventus, etc.) that you just can't predict how it would turn out, you simply take the games as they come and try your best. The gulf in quality between playing the likes of Bournemouth and Crystal palace, and playing the likes of Bayern Munich and Barcelona is very real. This is why winning domestic titles (an impressive feat in its own right) can't be compared to winning the UCL, because the quality of the opposition in national leagues is not up to that of Europe.

Take the Spanish league for example, it's only between Real Madrid and Barca with intermittent wins from Athletico, the french league, Seria A, and Bundesliga are pretty much only PSG, Juventus, and Bayern, the premier league is now practically between City and Liverpool. The rest of the oppositions in these leagues range from good-but-not-great to okay/alright to rubbish/relegation. In order to be the best, you have to beat the best, and the best teams in Europe play in the UCL. The reason you haven't been able to win it is because you're only good at beating the okay and rubbish teams, and so far you haven't even been able to beat good teams let alone beating the great teams. Because lets be honest your defenders make those kinds of silly errors against teams in the premier league. The difference is that the likes Dwight McNeil and Troy Deeney will not punish you for it, but you can bet your life that the likes of Mbappe, Messi,or Ronaldo will make you pay for it. You city fans should be genuinely honest with yourselves, because if you cannot beat the likes of Lyon, Monaco, Spurs (we've not even gotten to the likes of Real Madrid, Bayern, Barca, etc), how can you ever win the UCL.

Ask any fan or player and they will tell you that the hierarchy of club trophies is as follows. The UCL, then domestic league titles, then domestic cups. Some of you will say that this is not so because the UCL is a Knockout competition, but so is the World Cup, and the winners of the world cup are the champions of the world. In fact it can even be said that knockout competitions with kind of quality teams the UCL has are even more demanding, because one lousy mistake, or having an off day, and you're out. It demands near perfection in terms of concentration, technique, and execution. Although we would like to win the league because we haven't won it for so long, we are not going to delude ourselves into thinking the a PL title is on the same standing as a UCL title, let alone saying that it's higher than a UCL. There's is no metric of measurement in which PL trumps a UCl. The UCL title yields more revenue than a PL, It also brings more glory and prestige to players, managers and clubs. Who talks about man utd's PL wins in 00, 01, 03, 09, 11 etc, not a lot, but everybody talks about 1999 and 2008, why?, because they won the UCL in those season's. Everybody always points out that Mourinho did "it" with Porto and Inter, what is the "it" that he did ?, obviously the UCL. You remember Mourinho's first press conference in England "I am European Champion, so i think am a Special one", he identified himself as special because he had just won the UCL. Same with Pep, not many people talk about his time in Bayern, in fact some people consider it a failure, why ?, because he didn't win the UCL. But everyone talks about his Barca team, why ?, because the won 2 UCL titles. Imagine if that barca team had played so well but failed to win a UCL title, they would have been classed as failures regardless of any La liga titles they would've won. Hence in the absence of a European Super League, whoever wins the UCL is the champion of Europe.
Bye, I hope it took you hours to post that.

Oh dear Oh dear, so PSG are now better than Liverpool Lmao. Let me make the "obvious" very clear because it seems you lot are like Alice in wonderland. Uefa is not after you, Liverpool are currently the best team in Europe, and the UCL is the most prestigious title in club football. The fact that PSG finished above us in the group phase don't mean squat, no one cares about the group stages, all that matters is that you qualify from your group, after that your destiny is in your own hands. PSG are just like city, you lot and PSG can beat the Crvena zvezda's, watford's, and wolves of this world, but the moment you come up against even mid-level opponents you get beaten. Look at PSG, they got eliminated by a useless man utd team, I have no doubt that if we had faced them in the knockout stages we would have beaten them and progressed.

You said in 16/17 Monaco was an unreal team with Mbappe, Fabinho etc, and that's why they knocked you guys out. Thank you very much for proving my point, as i said you lot only know how to steamroll small teams, and usually have problems with mid to top tier teams in the UCL. Monaco had a good but inexperienced squad that year, but if you want to win the UCL, then you've got to be able to beat those kinds of teams. The fact that they had a good team did not stop Juventus from spanking them home and away.

Let's be honest in 17/18 the tie was effectively over after the 1st leg, because there was no way you guys were going to be beat us at the etihad without conceding. I'll be honest you guys were phenomenal in the league that season, and i can place my hand on my heart and say that if not for us, you would have gone the entire premier league season unbeaten, so I was expecting serious competition from you guys in that tie. But to my greatest surprise, you lot simply collapsed, i couldn't believe what I was seeing, your defence was completely atrocious. The first goal, till today i still don't know how Kyle walker did not clear that ball. The second goal, your defence failed to close down chamberlain even though he had scored a similar goal against you guys just a few weeks earlier. The third goal was just excellent play from us, and it practically killed the tie. In the return leg you had a good first half but a non existent second half were individual mistakes cost you again (Kyle Walker again cost you another goal, whether he was trying to pass the ball or clear it only God knows)

Last season I thought you lot would finally learn from your mistakes and get your act together, but oh boy was i wrong. I will admit you were hard done by the last goal, but lets be honest, you would never have been in that situation if you hadn't missed a penalty in the 1st leg and stupidly gifted Spurs 2 free goals in the 2nd leg. The first goal was because Stones had a brain fart and passed the ball to Son one on one with your keeper. The second was Laporte having his own brain fart and handing the ball to Lucas Moura. When we lost the Europa league & UCL finals because of Moreno and Karius respectively, we didn't blame Uefa, we simply realized that we needed better defenders, and we went and got Robertson and Allison. You lot are your own worst enemy, leave Uefa out of it.

As for the Premier League title, I will admit that it was the title i wanted us to win at the start of the season, but it was for two reasons. The first reason was that we haven't won it for so long. The second was that it was more straight forward and easier than the UCL. In the premier league, the only team that we really had to worry about was city (our only loss came against city) because we were capable of beating all the other teams, hence making it more easily predictable. The reason we didn't prioritize the UCL was because of the amount of quality in that Competition, there were just too many quality teams there (Real Madrid, Barcelona, Athletico, Juventus, etc.) that you just can't predict how it would turn out, you simply take the games as they come and try your best. The gulf in quality between playing the likes of Bournemouth and Crystal palace, and playing the likes of Bayern Munich and Barcelona is very real. This is why winning domestic titles (an impressive feat in its own right) can't be compared to winning the UCL, because the quality of the opposition in national leagues is not up to that of Europe.

Take the Spanish league for example, it's only between Real Madrid and Barca with intermittent wins from Athletico, the french league, Seria A, and Bundesliga are pretty much only PSG, Juventus, and Bayern, the premier league is now practically between City and Liverpool. The rest of the oppositions in these leagues range from good-but-not-great to okay/alright to rubbish/relegation. In order to be the best, you have to beat the best, and the best teams in Europe play in the UCL. The reason you haven't been able to win it is because you're only good at beating the okay and rubbish teams, and so far you haven't even been able to beat good teams let alone beating the great teams. Because lets be honest your defenders make those kinds of silly errors against teams in the premier league. The difference is that the likes Dwight McNeil and Troy Deeney will not punish you for it, but you can bet your life that the likes of Mbappe, Messi,or Ronaldo will make you pay for it. You city fans should be genuinely honest with yourselves, because if you cannot beat the likes of Lyon, Monaco, Spurs (we've not even gotten to the likes of Real Madrid, Bayern, Barca, etc), how can you ever win the UCL.

Ask any fan or player and they will tell you that the hierarchy of club trophies is as follows. The UCL, then domestic league titles, then domestic cups. Some of you will say that this is not so because the UCL is a Knockout competition, but so is the World Cup, and the winners of the world cup are the champions of the world. In fact it can even be said that knockout competitions with kind of quality teams the UCL has are even more demanding, because one lousy mistake, or having an off day, and you're out. It demands near perfection in terms of concentration, technique, and execution. Although we would like to win the league because we haven't won it for so long, we are not going to delude ourselves into thinking the a PL title is on the same standing as a UCL title, let alone saying that it's higher than a UCL. There's is no metric of measurement in which PL trumps a UCl. The UCL title yields more revenue than a PL, It also brings more glory and prestige to players, managers and clubs. Who talks about man utd's PL wins in 00, 01, 03, 09, 11 etc, not a lot, but everybody talks about 1999 and 2008, why?, because they won the UCL in those season's. Everybody always points out that Mourinho did "it" with Porto and Inter, what is the "it" that he did ?, obviously the UCL. You remember Mourinho's first press conference in England "I am European Champion, so i think am a Special one", he identified himself as special because he had just won the UCL. Same with Pep, not many people talk about his time in Bayern, in fact some people consider it a failure, why ?, because he didn't win the UCL. But everyone talks about his Barca team, why ?, because the won 2 UCL titles. Imagine if that barca team had played so well but failed to win a UCL title, they would have been classed as failures regardless of any La liga titles they would've won. Hence in the absence of a European Super League, whoever wins the UCL is the champion of Europe.

GLAD YOUR NOT OBSESSED ABOUT CITY.

GLAD YOUR NOT OBSESSED ABOUT CITY.
You are Champions of nothing , not even the best team in the north west , Champions of Europe ...don’t make me laugh, that could have been Spurs ...think about it .

To “Greatcityfan”, why do you keep coming on our forum?

We all have our views on our teams so keep yours to yourself or your fellow Scousers.

The one thing I will say that you Scousers excel at is self pity and blamelessness.

You never attacked the City team bus, you never caused the deaths of numerous Italians and the whole Hillsborough affair was in no way down to anything your wonderful fans did on the day.

Piss off back to Dipperpool you absolute bellend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.