Next Captain

We are truly blessed!
We have a team of leaders.
I don’t think it really matters who captains us, it’s purely a figurehead.

Agreed. I think regardless of who anyone prefers, we certainly have options. Stones, Laporte, De Bruyne, Bernardo, and Sterling all seem like good shouts for the long term. Rodri seems to have what it takes as well, but he'll need time to settle into the team.

Sorry but David has had the armband in the past I've not really seen great leadership from him. He may come back re-vitalised after a summer break but the last quarter of the Season he seemed quiet and ineffective compared to his usual extra ordinary levels. KDB for me.
In fairness, Silva has been the captain in the majority of games over the last 2 seasons as Kompany has been out injured for the majority of them.

We’ve amassed 198 points over 2 seasons so he’s not played / captained too badly.

In 2017/18 he won our player of the year. Before xmas last season people were talking about him winning the PFA Player of the Year.

As you say, his form dipped in the last few months of the season, but the previous 18 months he was playing the best football of his career. Mostly as captain.

I think Pep will go with different players for certain games, a tough away game he may choose a defender as captain, an easier home game he may go for Silva or Bernardo, that's how I see it anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.