Wimbledon 2019

Couldn’t give a shit about personalities, the quality of Federer Nadal and Djokovic over the last 15 years has been incredible. The 2008 Wimbledon final is up there with one of the greatest games of sport I’ve ever seen.

Exactly this. What’s the obsession with personality’s in Tennis ?

Why should they be ‘characters’ but not footballers?

Exactly this. What’s the obsession with personality’s in Tennis ?

Why should they be ‘characters’ but not footballers?
Messi seems like a normal boring bloke

David Silva too, a sensible family man who once on a CityTV video said “I’ll only have one bite [of a Bakewell Tart] because there’s too much sugar”.

I’ve never cared for “personalities”. I’ll look for them in comedians or mates who liven up a night out. But for sportsmen I just want to watch elite sportsmen.

The Coco fairy tale continues,into the second week after an incredible come back.This young lady is a superstar.

The Coco fairy tale continues,into the second week after an incredible come back.This young lady is a superstar.

She's doing brilliantly, but looked tired at times today. She'll do brilliantly to get past Halep.

Mindful not to put too much expectation on her either. This run is very similar to Laura Robson's in 2013.

Couldn’t give a shit about personalities, the quality of Federer Nadal and Djokovic over the last 15 years has been incredible. The 2008 Wimbledon final is up there with one of the greatest games of sport I’ve ever seen.
Absolutely on the money. Said many times give me a men's final ticket over a cup final of any description.

I just don't get the way outrageous behaviour is tolerated by the tennis authorities. If a footballer behaved towards officials like Kyrgios did, he'd be baneed for some time and vilified by the media, and holier-than-thou people would say what thuggish, vile yobs all footballers are.
The only way to stop this would be to ban players like Kyrgios. Fining them is a drop in the ocean.
That'd soon stop it. He's not a "character", a "personality", or a "bad boy". He's a despicable shit who would get his teeth knocked out if he behaved like that in any other branch of public life.

Boris Becker makes the football experts on the BBC or Talksport look knowledgable. Yesterday said that he always warmed up for Wimbledon by playing both the Queens club and Eastbourne. Now Boris retired 10 years before there was a male competition at Eastbourne. Today when asked who the 4 males are that won both the juniors and seniors Boris said "not sure.....Graf?"
However, they have just said that the Williams sisters were the 1st black Grand Slam winners. Wonder what Arthur Ashe, Althea Gibson & Zina Garrison would make of that.
Not to mention Yvonne Goolagong

Commentator
"And Serena has new balls at the royal box end"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.