Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was fit from November onwards. There is a reason Guardiola wants to upgrade on him. He certainly is not the best fullback at the club.

I don't disagree. I didnt say he was the best full back at the club. Just that he is not as bad as folk make out, a pretty damn decent player in fact, and that i'd be comfortable seeing him here again next season.

And yes, i can see pep wanting an upgrade as well. I can also see us looking at cancello as a direct result of Danilo looking for first team football elsewhere, rather than the club trying to offload danilo to get cancello. Where the truth really is between the two ends of that logic i guess we can only assume.

Possible boost to us signing João Cancelo is the news that Juventus have completed the purchase of Turkish international defender Merih Demiral from Italian Serie A club Sassuolo for a fee of €18m (£15.75m) to add to defender Romero who was signed last week.

Juventus still hope to sign De Ligt and with wing back Luca Pellegrini already a Juve player, it now appears that the way is clear for City to proceed with talks if still interested.

Last edited:
correct

im sure pep instructs him what to do and by the look of it he has been told to come inside as a 3rdish cb because his pace is essential to stop the counter attack
I've posted what pep told him to do a million times,he said pep had him staying back to cover when benny played and he still likes him there,no player plays if they don't follow instructions

I'm not sure being injured is an ssue you can hold against player. If so Komps would have been boo boy subject number 1, hounded out of the club by fans years ago.
Nobody is holding it against him, just pointing out that until he gets past it he's unlikely to reach his potential.

Worst case can we not just sign him and sort Danilo out later? The European window is open a month after ours closes I believe?

Worst case can we not just sign him and sort Danilo out later? The European window is open a month after ours closes I believe?
Yep, we will get rinsed in any case. What if we sell Danilo first? Whos to say Juve won't ask for more? If we sign Cancelo first, then we have no negotiating power when it comes to selling Danilo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.