Modern slavery ring smashed

I’ve done quite a bit of work on modern slavery through Stronger Together. I’ve trained a presentation out to 900 people at our site over about 100 sessions. When someone interrupts your training session to explain how they came to be in the UK, it can be heartbreaking and really tough to talk again.

One woman smiled as she told us about the shite she’d been through and said she forgives the people who did it to her. She enjoys a simple job, a simple life in England and goes 3 times a year to Cuba to relax. An inspiration.

I’ve done quite a bit of work on modern slavery through Stronger Together. I’ve trained a presentation out to 900 people at our site over about 100 sessions. When someone interrupts your training session to explain how they came to be in the UK, it can be heartbreaking and really tough to talk again.

One woman smiled as she told us about the shite she’d been through and said she forgives the people who did it to her. She enjoys a simple job, a simple life in England and goes 3 times a year to Cuba to relax. An inspiration.
We had a presentation at work the other week from the GMP about the slavery issue, because our job is such that we are likely to come into contact with those affected
It was heartbreaking

It’s terrible, worse than we all think. I’ve witnesses it first hand when I used to work in mobile phone sales.

One person comes in as translator for a big group, get as many expensive phones as possible, next week he has a different group. I’ve seen 3 in my local news over the past few years. Those translators up with their mug shots...imagine paying someone 50p a day, probably wrecked their credit - If any, and put them in squalid conditions. Bless those that got pulled into it. Just hits close to home as I have very close in laws who are foreign and just as vulnerable as these people are .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.