Matthijs de Ligt

It's because of his agent mate, if he was with someone who we could strike a decent deal with we would of been all over it. He will be moved on in 2 to 3 years to line the greasy pockets again.
Yes.
You can see his career mirroring Pogba's.
A big move every 3 years, with bad feeling left at each club.
Why choose Raiola as your agent?
'I will get you a big move (signing bonus), every 3 years'

I think it's common knowledge he would prefer Barca, the question is because he's young, whether he might be tempted go to another club first for better money?

I think it's common knowledge he would prefer Barca, the question is because he's young, whether he might be tempted go to another club first for better money?

Then the question would be: what sort of young person, chucks in his wish to play at his preferred club, on huge wages, for the chance of even more money ?

I would say that would be either someone who is stupid & easily led, or someone who cares more about money & bullshit.

Otherwise they would likely have told the fat **** where they want to play or not gone with him as an agent in the first place.

Pogba left Juve to go back to Utd. Never for one second has he given the impression he was at his 'dream' club.

More like someone passing through.

Yes.

Exactly great prospect but the amount of bullshit tactics caused by that fat twat of an agent it's just not worth getting involved in, I'm glad as well as it will turn into a circus, his agent is basically a pimp ha ha

The time to judge the success of your career is at the end of it but very few agents seem to take a long term view. Fortunately, some players do and that's why it is so refreshing to listen to the interviews with Angelino and Rodrigo who clearly seem to be taking that perspective.

Yes.

To be fair, if you take a look at all the players he manages (https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mino-raiola/beraterfirma/berater/282) there are some that have had a very different career and attitude from the usual suspects. For example, I'd never would have thought that someone like Matuidi, Bonaventura or Pisacane had Raiola as their agent.
I agree that he tries to squeeze the most out of his starlets, but I also think that it's also down to each player's decisions and personality.

No question him hiring Raiola should be a cause for concern although it should be remembered pizza boy is not his agent per se. Nevertheless it’s hard to understand

To be fair, if you take a look at all the players he manages (https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mino-raiola/beraterfirma/berater/282) there are some that have had a very different career and attitude from the usual suspects. For example, I'd never would have thought that someone like Matuidi, Bonaventura or Pisacane had Raiola as their agent.
I agree that he tries to squeeze the most out of his starlets, but I also think that it's also down to each player's decisions and personality.

Probably due to me looking at this situation as a romantic supporter, but I find it disappointing that such a young player should be chasing the money with a potentially long and successful career ahead of him. Kind of sticks in my throat , that if like De Jong he is a Barca fan, with the chance to go there, why he is allowing himself to be led by a greedy agent .

And as you allude to personality, it doesn't sit well with me. He will be fabulously wealthy anyway , so why the greed element ?

Probably due to me looking at this situation as a romantic supporter, but I find it disappointing that such a young player should be chasing the money with a potentially long and successful career ahead of him. Kind of sticks in my throat , that if like De Jong he is a Barca fan, with the chance to go there, why he is allowing himself to be led by a greedy agent .

And as you allude to personality, it doesn't sit well with me. He will be fabulously wealthy anyway , so why the greed element ?

Personally I find it mad that such a young player would turn Barcelona down due to money. Spectacular city, great football club and the chance to play with Messi and his best mate has signed for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.