Fernandinho - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes obviously going to start day 1 as fernandinho will have just gotten through an international tournament in which he got injured.
Even before the injury, I assumed that. Frankly, I thought Gundogan would have started more often over Dihno next season if we hadn't gotten Rodri. So getting Rodri just made it a forgone conclusion.

In my opinion.

Just like Walker (Cancelo), Zinchenko (Angelino) and Stones (whoever we sign at CB).

The best way to get a new contract at City is for the club to sign competition for your place.

On the topic of his age/fitness, Lampard was still useful at 37. Remember that for 8 years of his career at Shakhtar he had a 3 month winter break each season, which could mean he's taken on a lot less wear and tear over his career than the average 34 year old.

Excellent news, if true. No reason we couldn't squeeze another 18-24 months out of Fern, with careful game time management. And if he and his family are settled in the area, I'd guess that he'd be happy with fewer games in order to prolong his stay with us.

On the topic of his age/fitness, Lampard was still useful at 37. Remember that for 8 years of his career at Shakhtar he had a 3 month winter break each season, which could mean he's taken on a lot less wear and tear over his career than the average 34 year old.

This is a good point. Think he still has some energy left in the tank.

The more Rodrigo can learn from this legend the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.