The very best of William Shakespeare

"Fear no more the heat o' the sun,
Nor the furious winter's rages;
Thou thy worldly task hast done,
Home art gone, and ta'en thy wages:
Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney sweepers, come to dust."

From "Cymbeline": about dying and with a joke included.

You sir, are wrong and I claim my pound of flesh! 'All that glisters ...' is from The Merchant of Venice. This is the only time that my 'studying' of the the play has been of any use to me at all ;-)

I studied this for A-level my friend. I will give you chapter and verse on returning home.

You sir, are wrong and I claim my pound of flesh! 'All that glisters ...' is from The Merchant of Venice. This is the only time that my 'studying' of the the play has been of any use to me at all ;-)
Is the correct answer.

Life is as tedious as a twice-told tale,
Vexing the dull ear of a drowsy man.

King John

And so, from hour to hour, we ripe and ripe.
And then, from hour to hour, we rot and rot;
And thereby hangs a tale.

As You Like It

If Fred answered a question on Othello by quoting The Merchant, I very much doubt it.
And Fred, I'll give it a miss on 'the chapter and verse' offer. I've got a coat of Dulux* to watch dry.
* Other paints are available (but not Crown, obviously)

I stand corrected. :(

Shylock's ‘how like a fawning publican' soliloquy from the Merchant of Venice and Richard III open soliloquy ‘ Now is the winter of our discontent' weren’t bad. Had the pleasure of seeing Derek Jacobi as Richard III what seems a lifetime ago now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.