Angelino signing confirmed by club

Angelino has tremendous purpose and grit to his game and was always excellent at attacking. His only issue was his defensive positioning. Considering how well Angelino played for PSV last season and the plaudits he got, it would appear by playing regularly, that he has fixed that part of his game. If so, we may well have a top quality player on our hands. I'm really looking forward to our left sided young Zabaletta develop further.
Interestingly, buy-back clauses may well be better than loaning players out to get first team experience.
He hasn’t quite fixed his defensive part of his game and admits as much as things he still needs to work on in his interview. Could also be that majority of the time PSV dominate possession and he’ll be caught too high up the pitch. But we’re more than just having our FB’s bomb up the pitch so Pep can hopefully correct his mistakes and he can continue to develop into an all-around player.

Zinchencko isn’t as good as our midfielders. And what your basically saying to him is that your not going to be first choice anymore, despite being fantastic and you’ll be a back up midfielder.

Mendy who’s done nothing will replace you.. .

I think Zin will have a fair amount of work. Don't forget that Merlin will gradually start being phased out, or at least start fewer games, even in the league. And Phil, good as he is, is not ready to be a starting midfield in every league game. I expect to see our most regular midfield to be Kev and Bernardo (yes, I think Bernardo will be moved infield, and in the long-term that's his best position). That still leaves some league games where Zin will be subbed on, I think, and a variable number of League Cup/F.A. Cup games. He's got his head screwed on right, he very well knows the stratospheric level that he's playing alongside (100 points, followed up by 98!? still don't quite believe it), he can't realistically think of himself as other than a very good squad player. He wouldn't have been renewed if he wasn't going to be given work. Pep must have had final say on that, and I would hope they had a serious talk together about his prospects. We don't operate as a charity any more.
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Zin moved on in a couple of years to a good club, perhaps not one as big as ours, either elsewhere in the PL, or in Europe, as a regular established starter. He will have established his c.v. here and I for one will have nothing but best wishes for him. I'll follow his career closely.

I think Zin will have a fair amount of work. Don't forget that Merlin will gradually start being phased out, or at least start fewer games, even in the league. And Phil, good as he is, is not ready to be a starting midfield in every league game. I expect to see our most regular midfield to be Kev and Bernardo (yes, I think Bernardo will be moved infield, and in the long-term that's his best position). That still leaves some league games where Zin will be subbed on, I think, and a variable number of League Cup/F.A. Cup games. He's got his head screwed on right, he very well knows the stratospheric level that he's playing alongside (100 points, followed up by 98!? still don't quite believe it), he can't realistically think of himself as other than a very good squad player. He wouldn't have been renewed if he wasn't going to be given work. Pep must have had final say on that, and I would hope they had a serious talk together about his prospects. We don't operate as a charity any more.
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Zin moved on in a couple of years to a good club, perhaps not one as big as ours, either elsewhere in the PL, or in Europe, as a regular established starter. He will have established his c.v. here and I for one will have nothing but best wishes for him. I'll follow his career closely.

You do not think Rodri or Fernandinho will lock up one of the central midfield places alongside KDB?

Another academy product who will be involved in the first team squad , when i watched him play for our U-21 and youth teams he looked a very decent player and it was clever business to put in a buy back clause for half his real transfer value , he has gained experience in Spanish and Dutch football for a few years and now we just need Pep to knock off the rough edges and we could have a first class , natural left back on our hands.
For all the shite we receive from the media regarding player recruitment , Txiki and Pep are making some brilliant decisions and the average age of the squad has got to be one of the lowest in the Premier league , looking forward to the next four or five seasons because everything is in place to dominate English football for the near future.

I think he should start the season as our #1 LB.

Mendy should be coached to be back up CB and compete with Angelino for LB.

Zinchenko is our new utility player, who can cover LB, CDM, CM.

Strange signing this with Zinchenko finding a new position and improving all the time.

Unless we know we can’t rely on Mendy at all and it’s going to be Zinchenko and Angeliño in rotation.

And it is Angeliño, pronounced “Anjelinyo”, by the way. Now he’s our player proper we should say his name correctly. ñ = ny
(But the stadium announcer will get it wrong and put too much emphasis on the i and will get the ñ wrong too, I bet you...“Anjeleeenio”)

Think its not as strange as people are making out.

Mendy has made 17 appearances for City since he signed 2 seasons ago. We've played over 100 games in that time.

We now have 2 left backs, Zin and Angelino, who both happen to be utility players as well. Delph is on the way out.

If the medical staff think Mendy is crocked, we might have him for 7 or so games in contention this season.

The club has overseen his development from the EDS by loaning him out and allowing him to get regular first team football in top leagues abroad.
Resigning him obviously means they are happy with his development and feel he is ready for first team action.
He will get game time and expect him to do v well.
Very shrewd bit of business by MCFC at the very least.
Win win situation for club and player.
Just another example of how well run this club is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.