Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
mate dont like me. so your saying both those players turned city down and that city didn't walk away lol you really do talk shit when it comes to city but I think we all know on here that your not even a city fan your just on a piss take but carry on making a cock of yourself
Forgot.
Just liked you.
As I don't think what you are saying is personal.
But I do think you need to give what I'm saying a little more thought before you respond.
I accept that you won't agree but it would be better if you could explain why you hold a different point of view rather than rushing to the get out of clause of insults to avoid doing so.

I’m on the fence with Maguire. I think he might be a good fit with time and training and he is home grown, but he is massively overpriced. Before anyone says it isn’t my money well it means we can use that money elsewhere as we have a budget too.

When Van Dyke was at Celtic to me he was an obvious fit for peanuts but we passed. One of very few mistakes from the new regime. I think we might have signed Mangala instead unless I have my timelines mixed up.

Harry is a good player . Good players are not worth 85m .

He isn’t better than Laporte or stones

The england holland game seems to have completely warped peoples opinions of stones. He is better than maguire and has been for the last couple of years. He has problems to iron out, but his peak is higher than maguire.
Train stones, improve him.
Don’t buy a lower quality replacement just because england fans love singing his name and calling him slabhead

I'd like to think we've scouted someone better than Maguire and Ake for half their values. No chance we'll go for Maguire now, but I wouldn't rule Ake out at all, even though I'm not entirely convinced .

All the usual briefing to the press and City not killing the story like they usually do, suggest otherwise.
What evidence do you have that we "brief the press", theres a whole lot more that suggests we give them absolutely nothing until the deal is done.

The only reason they say we were in for Maguire is because Pep once said something nice about him.

In any case, we were never going near the price that Leicester are trying to extort from someone.

What evidence do you have that we "brief the press", theres a whole lot more that suggests we give them absolutely nothing until the deal is done.

The only reason they say we were in for Maguire is because Pep once said something nice about him.

In any case, we were never going near the price that Leicester are trying to extort from someone.

Don't be so naive.

For instance 24 to 48 hours before it broke in wider media circles, it was common knowledge all over social media when rodri would be signing despite some journos thinking it would be another few weeks.

His signing gets leaked just in time so all that those dads, mum's and kids can get down to the store to pay for all those new tops with rodri signing them. Do me a favour please.
If you were still biting your nails until you saw rodri in a city shirt, I suggest you follow Sam lees or 93.20 boys or just get on twitter despite its issues.

As for Maguire although I would like him, much like rodri when that was dragging on, I'm not sure I'm that asked.
We need a commanding cb in his type.
However, i'm forming the view that Cancelo is the more important signing of the two.

Sanchez rejected are offer I fail to see how difficult that is to accept. City say here's 40 quid all in, his agent says utd are offering 500 quid in all in. City, say that weren't the deal he sign or we are off. Or just walk.
The player signs for Utd on 500 quid. What is their to frame or spin in that. The player has refused to sign.
It's a rejection.
Fair enough. So with reports suggesting that City aren't willing to pay over 70m for Maguire, if united do go on to spunk 90m for him in another desperate deal, will he have also rejected City?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.