Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
What evidence do you have that we "brief the press", theres a whole lot more that suggests we give them absolutely nothing until the deal is done.

The only reason they say we were in for Maguire is because Pep once said something nice about him.

In any case, we were never going near the price that Leicester are trying to extort from someone.
I'm addition if City aren't in for someone they are clear and brief the press.

I'm pretty sure they've done that on two or three occasions this summer However they have not rejected or briefed once that the Maguire story is rubbish and their not in for him, that silence speaks volumes.
If you tell me City weren't in for Felix as there was no confirmation and we were just drumming up the fees fot Atletico I'm off to the MRI.

I’m struggling to see who we are actually going to buy for cb position.

If maguire was max £50m we would be in for him, no way city will pay the ridiculous valuation Leicester want as other teams will take advantage of this over future seasons.

I can see pep using stones more than he wants than waste money. He will rotate players around this position. It’s a big risk and will leave us short at the back at times.

I can see stones getting all the big games & champs league and he’s ready in my opinion.

How many teams really attack our back 4, not many so we can probably risk 90% of games.

It’s kind of a shame as I see we are
2/3 players away from total domination. CB & Striker are the missing pieces of the jig saw this season then silva replacement next season & we are complete.

I’m sure pep will surprise us all

If you were still biting your nails until you saw rodri in a city shirt, I suggest you follow Sam lees or 93.20 boys or just get on twitter despite its issues.
I don't need to follow anyone on Twitter, as it all gets posted on here anyway. Rodri was well known about, but that wasn't from the City and, and the "deal" was if anyone wanted him, they had to match his buy out, so any club could have done that, I'm sure City told him (agent) we would, and gave him an offer, which he was happy with.

You call me naive, yet say Sanchez rejected City, no, he rejected being part of our very sensible wage structure, and no player will be allowed to go outside that structure, because it impacts on all the players we have/want in the future.

By the way you provided no "evidence" we brief the press as I asked.

If you tell me City weren't in for Felix as there was no confirmation and we were just drumming up the fees fot Atletico I'm off to the MRI.
We may have enquired, I have no idea, same as you.

You are confusing me with someone else about inflating fees for others, I've never said anything of the sort, the biggest inflaters of prices is the media (t)twittering on, and you find me one quote where we have we are or aren't in for player x, y, or a, because you won't find one.

According to a fairly knowlegable Leicester City fan of my acquaintance he wants to cone to us but we won't pay anything like what Leicester want. So he either goes to Utd or stays where he is. Shame he signed a new five year deal in 2018.
Some of the tabloid press are also starting to pick up on his reluctance to go to Utd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.