Gabriel Jesus 2018-19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously can’t wait to see him this season and get your point.... it’s those options why I feel we’ll retain the league though, having the ability for the front 3 to interchange is almost Liverpool-esque (:

I think we'll finally see them together a bit, which will give Jesus his platform to show if he can get ahead of Aguero, not to mention more regular game time to get into a rhythm and stay in form.

We know Guardiola has wanted to play them together for 2 years but said he needed Mendy to do so. The arrival of another proper fullback in Angelino means we're no longer relying on Mendy's fitness (plus hopefully he is fit now) to do so.

I think we'll finally see them together a bit, which will give Jesus his platform to show if he can get ahead of Aguero, not to mention more regular game time to get into a rhythm and stay in form.

We know Guardiola has wanted to play them together for 2 years but said he needed Mendy to do so. The arrival of another proper fullback in Angelino means we're no longer relying on Mendy's fitness (plus hopefully he is fit now) to do so.
I remember that near the start of the 2017/18 season Jesus and Aguero were playing together and it was certainly working but then Mendy got his injury. If Angelio can come up and play up to the standards that we need from him then I'll be looking forward to potentially seeing Jesus and Aguero play alongside each other again. I get the feeling that Jesus is really going to step up this season. He's had a great Copa America and if he can carry on his form into the new season then I reckon we'll be in for a treat.

Interesting to see him back out on the left for Brazil an starting to do the business. This is really exciting for him in our team IMO, as it means the whole front 3 could rotate all game and confuse the fuck out of opposition players.
He played on the right wing first half and left wing second half in the semifinal the other night.

He was very good. Probably only Casemeiro was better on the pitch.

Still a striker though for me.

A guy on Twitter said Gabby picked up a knee injury but played on for 10 minutes before being subbed. No news as yet on the extent of the injury.

He jarred his knee slightly when chasing a long through-ball, which looked innocuous at the time, but then resulted in him hobbling off in clear pain about 10 minutes later. I hate those kind of slight twists and jarrings, because they often end up being the worst injuries (ie ligaments). Nothing on his Twitter feed since unfortunately. Guess we'll know tonight. Fingers crossed he's ok

Last edited:
He jarred his knee slightly when chasing a long through-ball, which looked innocuous at the time, but then resulted in him hobbling off in clear pain about 10 minutes later. I hate those kind of slight twists and jarrings, because they often end up being the worst injuries (ie ligaments). Nothing on his Twitter feed since unfortunately. Guess we'll know tonight. Fingers crossed he's ok
around 79 minutes for his subbing
https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2019/07/03/brazil-vs-argentina-highlights-full-match-video/2/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.