Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having followed the Blues for 45+ years, in the past we would chase players on their terms, but now it is a different ball game and players have to fit our holistic view for us to be interested, in the past 10 years I can’t think of any I have felt that we had missed out on, it’s been more like we dodged a bullet really.
If we are not in for De Ligt it’s because his attitude is not for us or he’s another Sturridge who believe’s his own hype.
With the success we have had in the last 10 years, I’m happy with how our recruitment works even if it is frustrating at times.

CTID

For me, I'd say 3.
Hazard. Sanchez the first time. Sanchez the second time (when he moved To arsenal, although i never really beleived that we were in for him then). definately Not sanchez the third time. I know a few that would have loved VinDyke, again, i dont beleive we were truly ever properly in for him.

But agree with the sentiment and point overall, things have worked out well despite missing out on such targets.

For me, I'd say 3.
Hazard. Sanchez the first time. Sanchez the second time (when he moved To arsenal, although i never really beleived that we were in for him then). definately Not sanchez the third time. I know a few that would have loved VinDyke, again, i dont beleive we were truly ever properly in for him.

But agree with the sentiment and point overall, things have worked out well despite missing out on such targets.

Ehm, Txiki literally said it in the City documentary. They were talking about how the £75m was too much...

Ehm, Txiki literally said it in the City documentary. They were talking about how the £75m was too much...

As in, that we were aware of his price, and wouldn't pay it, rather than we tried and bid.
but sure, yeah.

Completely different situation - we can keep both Angelino and Delph in the squad without having to move either on. Angelino was essentially a free pass - we don’t have to shift Deplh having signed Angelino. The two are not connected.

However we can’t keep both Danilo and Cancelo in the squad together, which buying clubs will be very well aware of.

It puts us in a terrible negotiating position, which is why the club won’t sanction any move for Cancelo til we’ve shifted Danilo.

At which point we will only have one RB putting us in a terrible negotiating position.

Shame if it's true we have to move Danilo before we nab Cancelo. Angelina down the left and him down the right would be in keeping with the kind of fullbacks Pep had at his disposal at Barca and Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.