UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what chance that FIFA, or UEFA consider the actions of one of 'their own'...

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rcelona-antoine-griezmann-transfer-disrespect

It's one thing reporting the dispute, another to follow it up with an opinion piece, or journalistic investigation. Mr Tebas made some remarks a while ago regarding the Premier League and Manchester City. What is the feature of the Summer transfer window? La Liga must have struck oil

Last edited:
That's the drawback with this CAS referral. It's behind closed doors. The machination of how Manchester City have been put in the dock by the rest of football is a story in of itself. The operations and activities of other football clubs who were clearly lobbying behind the scenes, and activating their own supporters, goes unreported.

The media say that City fans were weaponised. Pot and kettle, or as Khaldoon would say, don't throw rocks in your greenhouse.

And that, I would guess, is part of City's case. That the enquiry itself was never objective but was actually instigated by UEFA under duress from a group of influential clubs who were also demanding a specified punishment and, thus, has been on an unsound footing from day 1.

Throw in the 5 year deadline issue (which I'm not sure is a valid one) , the deliberate leaks, the ongoing damage to our business and you have prima facia case that the investigation is nothing more than a witch-hunt and it's conclusions should never see the light of day.

I agree with most of this but the fact that we have lodged the appeal with CAS means that Court time has to be found to decide whether that appeal can be heard. They can't simply refuse to accept an appeal. Presumably, we say that the Court can hear it and UEFA say it can't. The arguments will be more complex than the press are making out. In the end only a judge can decide.

But you are right in the sense that, if it was as clear cut as the likes of Conn are making out, the decision that we couldn't appeal now wouldn't require much Court time and you'd expect it to have been kicked out quite quickly. In other words, our appeal isn't quite as frivolous as the press would have its readers believe.

I'd love to see the submissions in this case.

Exactly. As we both well know, whether an appeal right actually exists or not is almost academic, because the appellant will frequently submit an appeal regardless (of whether that right exists), and only the judge can then decide whether or not said appeal will be heard or not.....and often as not they'll hear the appeal in the full knowledge that there is no legal right to one!

Judges are judges for a reason, they'll prioritise the law as stands over their personal prejudices.

That's how I see it. Scepticism is all well and good, but it verges on paranoia if it feeds itself.

The judges have their rules to apply, and know that there's a good chance of an appeal, so they're very likely to be straight about this.

At CAS, the arbitrator (not judge) will be Swiss, just like our old friend Blatter.

I agree with most of this but the fact that we have lodged the appeal with CAS means that Court time has to be found to decide whether that appeal can be heard. They can't simply refuse to accept an appeal. Presumably, we say that the Court can hear it and UEFA say it can't. The arguments will be more complex than the press are making out. In the end only a judge can decide.

But you are right in the sense that, if it was as clear cut as the likes of Conn are making out, the decision that we couldn't appeal now wouldn't require much Court time and you'd expect it to have been kicked out quite quickly. In other words, our appeal isn't quite as frivolous as the press would have its readers believe.

I'd love to see the submissions in this case.
At the outset CAS said there would be no further comment other than to say they have yet to set a diary timetable of dates to hear the case. I suspect the next cas announcement will be once the dates are set

Got to say that I'm suprised that UEFA haven't ploughed on with their attempt to ban us. Perhaps they have worked out that they didn't follow their own processes and want the chance for the clock to be reset on the process and for them to have a chance of banning us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.