Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect he will go to United. Don't expect him to turn down the crazy financials they will be throwing at him. It also seems he didn't fight too hard to come to us...

I was fairly sure we would too until recently, but there's no way we'll match United's offer. He either goes to United or stays at Leicester. They won't sell to us on the cheap.

Didnt Tolmie say he was willing to forego some sort of loyalty bonus hes owed to try and push it through to us?

I expect he will go to United. Don't expect him to turn down the crazy financials they will be throwing at him. It also seems he didn't fight too hard to come to us...

I think it's quite hard for him to push for a move to us if United are offering £85m. If his argument with the owners was that they were pricing him out of a move, it disintegrates when someone offers the money.

And don't forget, United are saying they value him more than we do - they'll pay whatever it takes, while we're bartering and trying to say he's only worth £70m or whatever our top offer is. As a player I think that would be quite persuasive, knowing that the club will pay whatever it takes to get you, and you can leave your old club with everyone happy too and get welcomed back.

I`m solely discussing the format that we use and will continue to use when Pep is no longer with us ie in Txiki I trust,whoever the next Coach/Manager will be.
You still have all the groundwork to do in selling the club to a potential new player beforehand,something which Txiki appears to get right on most occasions.
Yeah fair enough. We might've been discussing two different things.

Come on City if we want him and think he’s worth bidding £70m for we may as well just spend another £15m to get him.

No-one would bat an eyelid if we got him for £70m then signed a young lad from the championship or Europe for £15m, so why not just £85m on someone who would definitely improve our squad and not be a drop in standard if Stones or Laporte were out?

There’s so much money sloshing around the Prem and CL we’d make it back with a decent CL run, Sky money and league position prize money next season anyway.

If we need him, just get it done. He wants to come so he wouldn’t demand daft wages either probably.

We have better players in the squad. If all our current crop stay fit it would be a waste of money to spank £80M+ on essentially a squad player who would likely push one of our talented crop of young players further down the pecking order.

I think it's quite hard for him to push for a move to us if United are offering £85m. If his argument with the owners was that they were pricing him out of a move, it disintegrates when someone offers the money.

And don't forget, United are saying they value him more than we do - they'll pay whatever it takes, while we're bartering and trying to say he's only worth £70m or whatever our top offer is. As a player I think that would be quite persuasive, knowing that the club will pay whatever it takes to get you, and you can leave your old club with everyone happy too and get welcomed back.
From a footballing perspective, he's probably better off staying at Leicester if the only option is Man Utd. The prospects for Man Utd are on clear as OGS is still an unknown quantity. I don't think HM will agitate to leave LCFC for Man Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.