Angelino signing confirmed by club

Have we really signed him just to sell for a profit, or will he become a regular starter?. Some very cynical rival fans re this transfer

Strange signing this with Zinchenko finding a new position and improving all the time.

Unless we know we can’t rely on Mendy at all and it’s going to be Zinchenko and Angeliño in rotation.

And it is Angeliño, pronounced “Anjelinyo”, by the way. Now he’s our player proper we should say his name correctly. ñ = ny
(But the stadium announcer will get it wrong and put too much emphasis on the i and will get the ñ wrong too, I bet you...“Anjeleeenio”)

I was thinking about this the other day. I know to pronounce it with the ñ but him being Spanish, wouldn't it be pronounced more like Anheliño? Specifically thinking of the word angel in Spanish.

The club has overseen his development from the EDS by loaning him out and allowing him to get regular first team football in top leagues abroad.
Resigning him obviously means they are happy with his development and feel he is ready for first team action.
He will get game time and expect him to do v well.
Very shrewd bit of business by MCFC at the very least.
Win win situation for club and player.
Just another example of how well run this club is.
I don’t know about top leagues, the Dutch league is ranked 11th in Europe these days.

Angeliño is NOT Delph. Of all the fullbacks in the entire bloody Premier League over the last three seasons few gotten forward less than Delph. Angeliño is a far more attack-minded player and far more similar to Mendy. His signing allows us to play 3-at-the-back even when Mendy inevitably gets injured.

Angeliño is NOT Delph. Of all the fullbacks in the entire bloody Premier League over the last three seasons few gotten forward less than Delph. Angeliño is a far more attack-minded player and far more similar to Mendy. His signing allows us to play 3-at-the-back even when Mendy inevitably gets injured.

Yep, same thing with Zinch, excellent as he's been the oppo know how we're going to set up with just Delph znd Zinch available, it's going to be an inverted full back on the left. Angelino, like you quite rightly say, is far more attacking so having him as an option will keep the opposition guessing which makes it harder for them to plan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.