I went to see Ocean Wisdom at Glastonbury this year....that boy can rap....was excellent.

Thought Loyle Carner was great too...a bit more classic 90s sounding

Yes. In my opinion he’s a squeaky voiced Frank Sidebottom tribute act and has shit beats and very overrated lyrics and shit pop tracks. He was just marketable and just like most marketable things, it’s more about hype than substance.
Could never get with his flow and IMO his lyrics have always been a bit meh, but i can see why people rate him.

That it took a white kid with dyed blonde hair, an attitude and hated his parents to make hip hop truly mainstream? Is he that much better than Rakim, Biggie, Nas, Scarface etc? I dunno, you tell me.

some of my all time favourite artists you've mentioned there. But when even 2 of those you have mentioned have said Eminem is the greatest rapper of all time then makes you think eh.

some of my all time favourite artists you've mentioned there. But when even 2 of those you have mentioned have said Eminem is the greatest rapper of all time then makes you think eh.
Zinedine Zidane once said “Paul Scholes was the greatest midfielder of our generation”. I didn’t agree with him neither.

Obviously tastes differ and I know he was huge in terms of record sales. I just always felt he was more of a commercial Hip-pop gimmick, a marketable white bloke, rather than a serious Hip hop artist.

But then I’ve always preferred the less mainstream or even underground side of Hip hop. I call myself a Hip hop fan yet haven’t got a single Biggie Tupac Eminem Dre Snoop JayZ 50p Kanye Diddy etc. track in my collection.

Zinedine Zidane once said “Paul Scholes was the greatest midfielder of our generation”. I didn’t agree with him neither.

Obviously tastes differ and I know he was huge in terms of record sales. I just always felt he was more of a commercial Hip-pop gimmick, a marketable white bloke, rather than a serious Hip hop artist.

But then I’ve always preferred the less mainstream or even underground side of Hip hop. I call myself a Hip hop fan yet haven’t got a single Biggie Tupac Eminem Dre Snoop JayZ 50p Kanye Diddy etc. track in my collection.

so its the commerical side of it that your not mainly into fair enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.