Angelino signing confirmed by club

Yep, same thing with Zinch, excellent as he's been the oppo know how we're going to set up with just Delph znd Zinch available, it's going to be an inverted full back on the left. Angelino, like you quite rightly say, is far more attacking so having him as an option will keep the opposition guessing which makes it harder for them to plan.

And it seems to me that we're assuming Mendy will be injured for at least half the season again, which as a pessimist I have to say is almost certain to happen. Delph and Zinchenko are not the ideal fullback options of a Champions League winning quality team, not when players like Robertson are kicking about.

Has anyone followed Ange playing for PSV Eindhoven? If so, how were his performances? Talented? Potential? Already there? Sub-par?

Followed him a bit. He has grown into the football player we all thought he was going to be. He's putting in the graft you'd expect from Maffeo, still suspect defensively at times, but considering he's got the the pace of walker, and we play as dominating as we do, i think he'll become a great asset for us!

Still need him to sign my 69 NYCFC shirt at some point!

Has anyone followed Ange playing for PSV Eindhoven? If so, how were his performances? Talented? Potential? Already there? Sub-par?
Already there in the CL games, hard to judge his performances in the Eredivisie but he didn't do much wrong there.

Don't want to be putting a downer on the signing but I think his height could cause a few issues. Teams will be pinging high cross field balls at him and then there is the obvious defending of corners to consider.

I imagine pep will work out a way to overcome it but I still think we will get caught out a few times

Same goes for Zinchenko and he's done alright.

Same goes for Zinchenko and he's done alright.
Both are better at dealing with those balls than Mendy and he's a big ****. Anyway, unless they can hit them flat and low (which is rare) from any big distance away they're Laporte's job to deal with.

Both are better at dealing with those balls than Mendy and he's a big ****. Anyway, unless they can hit them flat and low (which is rare) from any big distance away they're Laporte's job to deal with.

Zinchenko has cut out (with his head) many a cross ball. It's all about watching and timing.
Of course he's not perfect. But also, being 6' + doesn't guarantee that, either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.