Away tickets

People who are in the 5,000-15,000 bracket get more opportunities to go to games, many of which will be younger fans because points whores stop buying the tickets to sell on to their mates. The downside for them is that they won't ever get the opportunity to overtake the 25000+ pointers but realistically, that wasn't ever going to happen anyway.

Also, if this spells the end of platinum, this is great news. Platinum was one of the worst, most divisive schemes ever introduced and was never a measure of loyalty but a measure of bank balance.

I bet the poor darlings in the 5,000 to 15,000 could have gone to a dozen away games last season and I wonder how many of those opportunities were taken. Their problem is that they can't get to Anfield or Old Trafford.

It doesn't spell the end of Platinum, which is unanimously despised, because we will still get double points for home cup games, joining the cup schemes and renewing our season cards.

But yes I forgot about those bastards on 25K points, taking time off work, neglecting their families, using up all their spare cash following City all over the country. Tossers.

When this was last discussed there were arguments back and forth but clearly no mandate for change.
Yet the reps have gone and done just what the club wanted done.

Plus ca change

I bet the poor darlings in the 5,000 to 15,000 could have gone to a dozen away games last season and I wonder how many of those opportunities were taken. Their problem is that they can't get to Anfield or Old Trafford.

It doesn't spell the end of Platinum, which is unanimously despised, because we will still get double points for home cup games, joining the cup schemes and renewing our season cards.

But yes I forgot about those bastards on 25K points, taking time off work, neglecting their families, using up all their spare cash following City all over the country. Tossers.
I’m one of the ‘poor darlings’ in the 5000-15000 bracket. I bought tickets for and went to every away game that I became eligible for including Southampton away and Newcastle away. For the others I wasn’t eligible for I tried my hardest to get tickets from other sources, more often than not through this forum and an absolute legend on here. I didn’t moan when unsuccessful and I don’t target particular games like the rags and the victims. I know my place in the pecking order and have no animosity towards anybody higher up than me in the queue so please don’t tar us all with the same brush.

I think you'd have to be very close to 15,000 points to do a dozen away games last season and even then, it'd be a dozen in all comps. But the point is, this season, they'll be able to go to more which is a positive imo and that's what you asked for. More diversity at away games/younger fans etc should be applauded.

And no-one's slagging off the 25K plus fans. Every time someone opines that the loyalty points system is favoured towards fans of a certain age, it's always taken as a personal slight against them. Fair play to you if you go week-in, week-out. But my point is that the system shouldn't allow the same group of fans first refusal for all games because it's an almost impossible elite to enter, especially if you're born in the 21st century.

Sorry for being be a Vegetable.

This isn't a windup or a clarkie.

Are the club thinking of or doing away with away points?

Thanks.

I think you'd have to be very close to 15,000 points to do a dozen away games last season and even then, it'd be a dozen in all comps. But the point is, this season, they'll be able to go to more which is a positive imo and that's what you asked for. More diversity at away games/younger fans etc should be applauded.

And no-one's slagging off the 25K plus fans. Every time someone opines that the loyalty points system is favoured towards fans of a certain age, it's always taken as a personal slight against them. Fair play to you if you go week-in, week-out. But my point is that the system shouldn't allow the same group of fans first refusal for all games because it's an almost impossible elite to enter, especially if you're born in the 21st century.
You're basing the assertion that they will be able to go to more games on what?

Someone else did keep track but I think about half the games last year went to general sale.

I’m one of the ‘poor darlings’ in the 5000-15000 bracket. I bought tickets for and went to every away game that I became eligible for including Southampton away and Newcastle away. For the others I wasn’t eligible for I tried my hardest to get tickets from other sources, more often than not through this forum and an absolute legend on here. I didn’t moan when unsuccessful and I don’t target particular games like the rags and the victims. I know my place in the pecking order and have no animosity towards anybody higher up than me in the queue so please don’t tar us all with the same brush.

You're right of course, no offence.

I feel the same way towards people who have more points than me.
They earned them and I don't mind (too much) missing out on Bournemouth if the ticket went to someone who earned it.
It did annoy me watching Newport away on BT sport last year, when crowd close ups showed a couple supporters club members with far fewer points than me.

Believe it or not, I'm on your side, this new system will prevent genuine fans like you, who are prepared to put in the time and effort, from catching up. Crazy.

You're right of course, no offence.

I feel the same way towards people who have more points than me.
They earned them and I don't mind (too much) missing out on Bournemouth if the ticket went to someone who earned it.
It did annoy me watching Newport away on BT sport last year, when crowd close ups showed a couple supporters club members with far fewer points than me.

Believe it or not, I'm on your side, this new system will prevent genuine fans like you, who are prepared to put in the time and effort, from catching up. Crazy.
Spot on

You're basing the assertion that they will be able to go to more games on what?

Someone else did keep track but I think about half the games last year went to general sale.

The idea that people who only buy tickets to maintain their standing in the loyalty points queue won't bother anymore. Like @GortonBlue62 said, 'after all you've been to the King Power 10 times now and there's no downside to missing the odd one', meaning people who've only been to the KP once or maybe not at all, get the opportunity to go and it's a big day out for them and not something they do as part of a routine or just to keep ahead in the loyalty points race. It might lead to a better atmosphere as well if it means more younger fans go, fuelled by the adrenaline of going to a rare game.

No way did half of our away games go to general sale last season btw.

When this was last discussed there were arguments back and forth but clearly no mandate for change.
Yet the reps have gone and done just what the club wanted done.

Plus ca change
Exactly this , the reps took no notice of any arguments put forward and just went forward with there own agenda . This isn’t representing everyone just those that agree with them !
The same with the tickets for euro aways where our travel partner now will get a plane load of tickets to sell to anyone regardless of points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.