Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah but they'll still have their 'istree ( excluding 1985 of course).
And not to forget the spirit of Shankly will live on.
Plus of course their religious belief that like other fallen empires they and Manchester United will always be the greatest football teams EVER.

A fantasy laced with lies, constructed to conceal reality, or at least make reality bearable. For dippers their "glorious" never give up failures in the present can always be celebrated! Even eulogised, because they're always viewed through the prism of their glorious history! At least for a while they can. Over time history can condemn you, bury you under its weight and its lies, nostalgia becomes a fetish and then a cult.

But the money men see things differently and they don't like what they see at City.

You and I both know this FFP bullshit, glorious "istree" nostalgia and Arab money racist bile is designed to hide one simple fact, when clubs go cap in hand to their owners , there's only one owner who's not creaming off the top, only one owner not looking for the shareholders cut, only one owner not driven by profit maximisation or debt servicing over on field performance.

No prizes for guessing who that owner is.

Last edited:
Doesn’t look likely, although they will argue that their squad is in pretty decent shape after last season. Presumably they’re hoping that Oxlade-Chamberlain will get back to his best and that Brewster can step up to replace Sturridge as a squad player. They’ll definitely be our main challengers again, but there is a risk in treading water in this league.

It'll take some doing to prevent a case of 'after the lord mayor's show', and let's not forget that apart from VVD all their main players are going to be late back due to international comps. They had a lot of draws last season and some teams looked to be working out how to play them; the league could very easily have ended as something of a jog to a less spectacular second place. The one thing they need is a fresh face or two to keep everybody up for it imo.

It just seems so odd for them to have a season brimming with as much potential as their 18/19 campaign and not want to use it as a platform for more. They've not gone after Fekir again which I thought they would, they've not tried to activate any release clauses or buy any new midfielders, it all seems like a huge risk. The only player I've seen them linked with is Asensio. Their squad is looking quite thin in some areas, especially at full-back. If TAA or Robertson get injured they're pretty screwed as of right now.

Wasn't it TAA who had a bad first half season? One of them did. And one was injured for a while. It could be argued that therefore they don't need good backups because they were fine, but I'd say they got away with it - ask that question of fate a second time and they aren't likely to fare so well.

Ah yes, that other misty eyed Dipper fantasy, 'The spirit of 'Shankly,' the same bloke who got told to piss off from
the training ground for mithering the staff and players, then having his life story banned from Dipper FC for 25
years. If these candle wavers had any sort of self awareness they'd be dangerous.

"If you are second, you are nothing."

It'll take some doing to prevent a case of 'after the lord mayor's show', and let's not forget that apart from VVD all their main players are going to be late back due to international comps. They had a lot of draws last season and some teams looked to be working out how to play them; the league could very easily have ended as something of a jog to a less spectacular second place. The one thing they need is a fresh face or two to keep everybody up for it imo.

Wasn't it TAA who had a bad first half season? One of them did. And one was injured for a while. It could be argued that therefore they don't need good backups because they were fine, but I'd say they got away with it - ask that question of fate a second time and they aren't likely to fare so well.

I think with Alexander-Arnold, Gomez and Milner they have decent cover at right-back. Robertson getting injured for any length of time would hurt them though.

I think with Alexander-Arnold, Gomez and Milner they have decent cover at right-back. Robertson getting injured for any length of time would hurt them though.
Van Dijk is their star man, if he gets injured they will be vulnerable

I can't see them going into the transfer market for any significant player in the window . The yanks splashed the cash last summer and I can't see them going big again this window ,in reality they should but they won't, and that will be their mistake . I can't see that team being able to go as hard as they did last season they will get injuries this season . The problem we might have is if the prem is as bent as I think it is and it's handed to them next season, they won't need to go into the transfer market .

Wonder how the 700 page plus City appreciation thread is getting along on RAWK. The one with all them videos of Henderson firing six roman candles out of his arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.