Away tickets

Has the club ever told any working fan group or the reps the breakdown in ticket allocation? Supporters clubs, Corporate, Sponsors, employees, individuals, etc.

Will the removal of loyalty points allow the club to direct more away tickets to certain groups? Corporate, Sponsors.
Weren't we were told the break down was:
60% points whores
20% The Executive Committee and their chums
10% people with the most money
10% staff who can flog them at a profit

Of course we now have a youngsters group shoe horned in for 5% which will come from the points whores and the Exec Committee

Assuming this is true, I have to say I'm surprised it's as many as 6 league games (or 15 in all comps) but even still, that's a side point.

How long do you think it would take someone born today to get a ticket for Old Trafford on the loyalty points system even if they went to every single away game they could (before the abolition of loyalty points for the aways)? What about someone born in 20 years time when the people at the top are on about 100,000K points? Or have they got to wait for the people at the top and the generation after them to die before they can go? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that the system favours people of a certain generation and will eventually leave us with the oldest away supporters in the league (although we're probably already there). It simply isn't fair and even though the recent change has problems of its own, the fact that the club are beginning to realise its inherent unfairness means its a step in the right direction.

It wouldn't take very long if they joined a Supporters Club.

Go to Burnley or Huddersfield away and you'll know that we've got an old fan base - they're the ones where the locals all turn out.

Go to all the away games with City and there's plenty of under 25's who have managed to get a ticket one way or another.

From the outside it may appear to favour an older generation but I'm 31 and started going to aways regularly in 2006.

The only people the current points system favours is those of us who are wired up to sacrifice relationships, skip family engagements, only think about City when it comes to booking off holidays from work and puts all our disposable income in to following them. There's probably about 750-1,100 of us. And in no way does that mean we love the club any more than any one else - my Dad loves City just as much as me but he's never had this unnamed feeling of having to be there, and almost feeling guilty when you're not there in him.

Assuming this is true, I have to say I'm surprised it's as many as 6 league games (or 15 in all comps) but even still, that's a side point.
It is true, and its not a side point. It highlights that even under a seemingly broken system, everyone regardless of points had the opportunity to go to half the games.

How long do you think it would take someone born today to get a ticket for Old Trafford on the loyalty points system even if they went to every single away game they could (before the abolition of loyalty points for the aways)? What about someone born in 20 years time when the people at the top are on about 100,000K points? Or have they got to wait for the people at the top and the generation after them to die before they can go? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that the system favours people of a certain generation and will eventually leave us with the oldest away supporters in the league (although we're probably already there). It simply isn't fair and even though the recent change has problems of its own, the fact that the club are beginning to realise its inherent unfairness means its a step in the right direction.
This is why myself and others are in favour of moving to a 5 year rolling period.

It would take a long, long time for someone born today to qualify for a ticket themselves, but it will take them a hell of a lot longer if they're not getting any points for all the games they do go to.

Isn't it ringing alarm bells that people with high points think the change is a bad thing despite it benefiting us the most?

Not sure how anybody moves up the scale now? Surely everyone is just staying where they are from now on.

xlaAL6I

The best way to get a point across is financially and visibly backing up a grievance.

Pick an away match and nobody buys a ticket. But it has to be nobody.
There'd no doubt still be corporate and tourists and the "I've never missed a match" but the impact would be there.
Sometimes you have to take some pain to make a gain.

It wouldn't take very long if they joined a Supporters Club.

Go to Burnley or Huddersfield away and you'll know that we've got an old fan base - they're the ones where the locals all turn out.

Go to all the away games with City and there's plenty of under 25's who have managed to get a ticket one way or another.

From the outside it may appear to favour an older generation but I'm 31 and started going to aways regularly in 2006.

The only people the current points system favours is those of us who are wired up to sacrifice relationships, skip family engagements, only think about City when it comes to booking off holidays from work and puts all our disposable income in to following them. There's probably about 750-1,100 of us. And in no way does that mean we love the club any more than any one else - my Dad loves City just as much as me but he's never had this unnamed feeling of having to be there, and almost feeling guilty when you're not there in him.

But the fact that they have to join a supporters club or have to get tickets second hand because they can't get one through the loyalty points system means that the loyalty points system itself isn't fit for purpose. That's the point.

As for your bottom paragraph, there'll be plenty of people born in the 21st century who are prepared to sacrifice relationships just as much as someone born in the 1950s. Will they have as much chance of getting a ticket to the big games as them? No. They won't get a sniff. Not this season. Not next. Not the season and probably decade after that. The system only favours people like that if they were born of a certain era.

It is true, and its not a side point. It highlights that even under a seemingly broken system, everyone regardless of points had the opportunity to go to half the games.

This is why myself and others are in favour of moving to a 5 year rolling period.

It would take a long, long time for someone born today to qualify for a ticket themselves, but it will take them a hell of a lot longer if they're not getting any points for all the games they do go to.

Isn't it ringing alarm bells that people with high points think the change is a bad thing despite it benefiting us the most?

It's probably ringing alarm bells because it's the first step to reforming the system.

But the fact that they have to join a supporters club or have to get tickets second hand because they can't get one through the loyalty points system means that the loyalty points system itself isn't fit for purpose. That's the point.

As for your bottom paragraph, there'll be plenty of people born in the 21st century who are prepared to sacrifice relationships just as much as someone born in the 1950s. Will they have as much chance of getting a ticket to the big games as them? No. They won't get a sniff. Not this season. Not next. Not the season and probably decade after that. The system only favours people like that if they were born of a certain era.

The system only favours people like that if they were born of a certain era and have been prepared to make big sacrifices over a long period of time to ensure they stayed at the front of the queue.

This group of people need to be distinguished from people who were born of a certain era and decided to go to the odd away game now and then when it suited them.

The distinction is clear and obvious and any fair minded person would recognize that the first group deserves priority.

The existing system was fit for purpose if allowance had been made to enable younger fans to catch up (i.e. some kind of rollover). The proposed system offers no hope to younger fans who are miles behind.

The system only favours people like that if they were born of a certain era and have been prepared to make big sacrifices over a long period of time to ensure they stayed at the front of the queue.

This group of people need to be distinguished from people who were born of a certain era and decided to go to the odd away game now and then when it suited them.

The distinction is clear and obvious and any fair minded person would recognize that the first group deserves priority.

The existing system was fit for purpose if allowance had been made to enable younger fans to catch up (i.e. some kind of rollover). The proposed system offers no hope to younger fans who are miles behind.

I don't disagree but what would your rolling system entail?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.