Away tickets

Neither do I.
In my situation if one of us drew a ticket in the ballot and the other didn’t, neither would be going.

If someone did that in United’s ballot they put you bottom of the list.

I thought that but then again, I suppose it happens in a lot of situations now with the existing scheme. If I've got 20K points and my mate has got 10K, we can't always go together. I guess there are ways of mitigating it (possibly allowing people to apply for 2 tickets?).

I thought that but then again, I suppose it happens in a lot of situations now with the existing scheme. If I've got 20K points and my mate has got 10K, we can't always go together. I guess there are ways of mitigating it (possibly allowing people to apply for 2 tickets?).
In that case you do go alone, at times.
My wife and I have a difference of about 100 points or less. The only game I went to without her last year was the League Cup Final as my daughter booked her hen party for that weekend!

If they bring in a ballot when I’m not sure if we’ll get none, one or two I just won’t bother. And I’m one who’s there at the DNS out games mid week in South Wales or the North-East.

I can see your frustration, but I predict a lot more games not selling out if we introduce a ballot. People are already dropping off, hence the 15 games that went on open sale last year.

Either way the club or the reps don’t give a fuck about the regulars who go away, just the corporate, the special event tickets and SC.

In 2006 the demand from all these "young fans" when we were taking 2k to local aways wasn't there. Sure they will be older now, but the demand still wouldn't be there if it wasn't for winning things. If we hadn't had heavy external investment over the past decade then a lot of the fans demanding to go away know and basically claiming some sort of discrimination, would be fans of different clubs.

There was a time when points only mattered for one game a season, and the hard core who went then still go now, a people assume those paying £40 for Birmingham City away midweek and getting 10 loyalty points some how are "points whores" now.

Nothing has been shared on consulted with fans regarding a new system, and we are still guessing what it is. The assumption that awarding no points will even things out when more and more tickets are allocated not to points is ridiculous. People complain it may be 20 years before older fans stop going and they get a chance, however the older fans have put it longer than that attending most games, and there are only about 2% of fans prepared to do that. The rest want a ballot.

I had been a STH at WHL from 94-2001 till when my son was born , and had to forgo it , then I became a member ,and was in the top 10% of points , by about 2009 , then they decided to do it over a 5 year rolling scheme , so if in 2009 , I gained 100 pts , come 2014 those 100 pts would be removed ,
When we went to Wembley All Members ( i was up to 360 pts by then ) was offered a season ticket , which would guarantee a ticket at the new stadium, so I signed me and my son up .
The problem was plenty of member with 10 points were given equal choice and so my points weren’t worth Jack , so they had as much chance as me with away tickets .
It was even suggested to the club that we all carried our points forward , but this would have angered the STH points . It was even suggested , they be awarded 1000 points , and have 200 removed each year , so in 5 years time ,we’d all be on an equal footing .this was also dismissed
The problems with clubs is , they don’t listen to their fans .
Good luck

Ballot comes in and that’s me done fucking awful system that.

When you find out you get a ticket transport will be expensive so then you decide oh well I can’t afford that. So you get penalized and fucked to the bottom or banned from applying

Has the club ever told any working fan group or the reps the breakdown in away ticket allocation? Supporters clubs, Corporates, Sponsors, employees, individuals, etc.

Will the removal of loyalty points allow the club to direct more away tickets to certain groups? Corporate, Sponsors.

The breakdown that SF said was stated clearly doesn't apply to the high demand games, S229 at Old Trafford was ridiculous with a few city fans moaning in the corner and people from around the world openly admitting they were exited due to being their first EPL game with half and halfs in double figures, and united carrier bags the must have accessory. It is good timing for North Stand extension if more away ticket can be used to get people to fill "premium seats".

Ballot comes in and that’s me done fucking awful system that.

When you find out you get a ticket transport will be expensive so then you decide oh well I can’t afford that. So you get penalized and fucked to the bottom or banned from applying
No point getting upset about something that hasn't happened and we don't know if it ever will.

No point getting upset about something that hasn't happened and we don't know if it ever will.
True it might not come in for a couple of years by that time Pep will be gone and it may just be me and a few hundred in the ballot

The rags apparently use a ballot to distribute their away tickets.

The funny thing is, most of their away support is in their 20's and 30's, hence why they have a loud away support.

So how does that happen then?

Our fair ballot could end up making our away support 1 of the quietist.

Women. Kids, old bastards like me, and City fans who can't be arsed singing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.