Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's more than enough evidence to suggest that we want Cancelo. The problem is Danilo, there seems to be no buyer for him.
sounds therefore like a player is dictating our transfer strategy. Id just sign Cancelo and surely that would force him or his agent to look harder for alternative clubs or reduce his wage demands, otherwise he can sit with Mangala

I agree that he could go for that in an ideal scenario, but from everything that's been reported it isn't that we're looking at Cancelo because we want to upgrade, it's that Danilo wants more opportunities. If Danilo is fine with staying then I doubt we'd be pushing to offload him.
That being.the case, you'd have thought his agent would have sounded out suitors before telling.the club he wants to leave for more opportunities.

That being.the case, you'd have thought his agent would have sounded out suitors before telling.the club he wants to leave for more opportunities.
Many reports suggested that our club is happy in terms of Danilo's professionalism and has no need to sell him, but he told that he's gonna leave. The point is that no club is interested in him, Inter's interrest is dead and on the other hand City started looking for more versatile and flexible option like Cancelo. But i think that City won't buy Cancelo (too expensive option and we are still on the carpet due to FFS) and Danilo will be in our squad in the following season, he's a decent player and as I mentioned I have nothing against him.

He did. It was all pretty much agreed with Inter by all accounts till they signed Conte.

I think there's more than enough evidence to suggest that we want Cancelo. The problem is Danilo, there seems to be no buyer for him.

sounds therefore like a player is dictating our transfer strategy. Id just sign Cancelo and surely that would force him or his agent to look harder for alternative clubs or reduce his wage demands, otherwise he can sit with Mangala

Danilo has a contract and is entitled to serve it out if he wishes. There are also rules in place that if he isn’t given opportunities to play, a set number of games, he is then entitled to walk away for free No player has ever done so but it’s entirely possible. From all reports the club are 100% happy with him and have no plans to force him out, it all to do with him wanting more game time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.