Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danilo has a contract and is entitled to serve it out if he wishes. There are also rules in place that if he isn’t given opportunities to play, a set number of games, he is then entitled to walk away for free No player has ever done so but it’s entirely possible. From all reports the club are 100% happy with him and have no plans to force him out, it all to do with him wanting more game time

I'm sorry but I don't believe that for a second. What evidence have you got of this rule?

M
I'm sorry but I don't believe that for a second. What evidence have you got of this rule?
Its part of standard football contracts Believe it or not I won’t loose any sleep

Here you go
An established professional who has, in the course of the season, appeared in fewer than ten per cent of the official matches in which his club has been involved may terminate his contract prematurely on the ground of sporting just cause. Due consideration shall be given to the player’s circumstances in the appraisal of such cases. The existence of a sporting just cause shall be established on a case- by-case basis. In such a case, sporting sanctions shall not be imposed, though compensation may be payable. A professional may only terminate his contract on this basis in the 15 days following the last official match of the season of the club with which he is registered.

Article 15:

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/af...e_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

Last edited:
Hope there is no truth in the Alves rumours.
Could only be for emergency cover for a window or season at most if we were in a position of being short handed. This
guy would not be flavour of the month with most fans and would need to put in some big displays to redeem himself.
Not sure how this has arisen and don't see it happening..

This deal is dead for now. It depends on a decent offer coming in for Danilo and there is nothing happening, Inter well short of enough cash.

I think we might be done for the summer with 1 signing.

M

Its part of standard football contracts Believe it or not I won’t loose any sleep

Here you go
An established professional who has, in the course of the season, appeared in fewer than ten per cent of the official matches in which his club has been involved may terminate his contract prematurely on the ground of sporting just cause. Due consideration shall be given to the player’s circumstances in the appraisal of such cases. The existence of a sporting just cause shall be established on a case- by-case basis. In such a case, sporting sanctions shall not be imposed, though compensation may be payable. A professional may only terminate his contract on this basis in the 15 days following the last official match of the season of the club with which he is registered.

Article 15:

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/af...e_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

That rule is very theoretical and no player has ever terminated his contract on that rule.
Schweinsteiger was close for rags back then before joining Chicago.

Danilo e.g. had >36% of minutes played last season. The rule would require under 10% (of the period he was fit to play!).

No established City player had <20% of minutes last season, Foden and Delph having least.
And "established" means being at least as talented or better than the players who did play regularly.

Mainly this rule exists for players who feel they didn't play enough for personal reasons between player and club/coach.
Terminating the contract has a risk of compensations or bans as well if found not for 'sporting just cause'.

Sorry for being off topic.

A lot of Alves rumours today. I can't see it happening because he'll surely get an offer of a longer contract from somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.