Exposing the hypocrisy of journalists

Oh yeah, that's why I chose that quote to make my point about his accountability and freedom to mislead.

I just don't know alot about the Yemen conflict but I highly suspect neither does he, when you take out everything he hasn't cherry picked because it's linked to the UAE. He is claiming the UAE are the biggest contributor. Is he a sports writer or is this his field?

The conflict itself(which is a civil war) is nothing to do with the UAE from what I gather.

https://nena-news.it/is-iran-really-to-blame-for-yemen-conflict/

As far as the blockade goes as I understand it, it's something like Iran and Qatar vs Saudi Arabia and the UAE(and the USA since Trump backed the Saudi efforts against Iran?). So they all share blame in how it came about. It really would be better if they lifted the blockade but that's not the only problem in Yemen right now is it? To me it looks like the UAE dont want to ruin relations with Saudi Arabia much the same as Qatar and Iran. Why all sides need each other that much is not clear to me but I suppose in that part of the world you do need your allies for military support and good relations for trade etc.

As you say Sheikh Mansour has nothing to do with any of this and neither do City but we do have a link to the UAE as do Arsenal, Real Madrid and the FA Cup. I was just curious how accurate or inaccurate his claims were. I'm slowly putting a basic jigsaw picture of it together now, which has far bigger pieces to it from elsewhere, than he was making out.

MacKenna is a dog botherer who lives in Brazil, a country with an appalling human rights record.
Which consists of wiping out indigenous populations.
Turning a blind eye to local business owners setting up death squads to kill street children.
Letting corporations create irreversible ecological damage with no regard to people, animals, rainforest, rivers in what is basically the 'lungs' of the planet we all live on.
Let's not forget this is also a country which elected a far-right President Jair Bolsonaro, his qualities are briefly described as 'But his embrace of “law and order” carries alarming undertones, as he has expressed a fondness for the country’s past military dictatorship. His anti-democratic views are just one element of his disturbing rhetoric, though; the new president also freely spews misogynistic, anti-LGBTQ, and racist statements'.

Also the Yemen civil war is a proxy war for Iran v Saudi and their various supporters on both sides within the Middle East, not forgetting the absolute real driving force behind the conflict Russia and China for Iran and America, Britain and France for Saudi Arabia.
Whilst America and Britain are the main arms supplier for Saudi Arabia and it's regional allies, they also supply intelligence information and are rumoured to have 'Advisors' on the ground directly involved in the conflict.

So yeah, this is all Manchester City's fault for being successful at football and all the above can be disregarded whilst some disingenuous fuckwit on Twitter preaches utter bullshit to 30 thousand morons who will believe that very same fuckwit.

No need to mention nearly every team in the Premier League having some kind of connection to Middle Eastern money, as MacKenna disregards such facts, we should too, hey it's Journalism at its finest.
Also Manchester City are not state owned, they have very close relations to the UAE, as the owner is from there and runs the club via the City Football Group, but are not in any way owned by that state, this is free open information and is available easily and accessible to all.

As for MacKenna using pictures of these poor children who are genuinely suffering and dying to score points against a football club whilst completely disregarding any actual facts relating to the reasons for the horrible civil war in Yemen is beyond comprehension, what a vile human being, but on the plus side, he has gained followers on Twitter, fucking pathetic.

Last edited:
@rugbyblue I fail to see why you're getting your panties in a twist about this. I've read plenty and I'm not playing anything. I'm well aware of the type of journo he is and that City are not owned by the UAE. I think you've got the wrong end of the stick on my posts.

He wasn't even right on his main sicking point as I suspected. That the UAE are solely to blame for the blockade situation, never mind the Yemen conflict. That's misleading in itself.

Last edited:
MacKenna is a dog botherer who lives in Brazil, a country with an appalling human rights record.
Turning a blind eye to local business owners setting up death squads to kill street children.
Letting corporations create irreversible ecological damage with no regard to people, animals, rainforest, rivers in what is basically the 'lungs' of the planet we all live on.
Let's not forget this is also a country which elected a far-right President Jair Bolsonaro, his qualities are briefly described as 'But his embrace of “law and order” carries alarming undertones, as he has expressed a fondness for the country’s past military dictatorship. His anti-democratic views are just one element of his disturbing rhetoric, though; the new president also freely spews misogynistic, anti-LGBTQ, and racist statements'.

Also the Yemen civil war is a proxy war for Iran v Saudi and their various supporters on both sides within the Middle East, not forgetting the absolute real driving force behind the conflict Russia and China for Iran and America, Britain and France for Saudi Arabia.
Whilst America and Britain are the main arms supplier for Saudi Arabia and it's regional allies, they also supply intelligence information and are rumoured to have 'Advisors' on the ground directly involved in the conflict.

So yeah, this is all Manchester City's fault for being successful at football and all the above can be disregarded whilst some disingenuous fuckwit on Twitter preaches utter bullshit to 30 thousand morons who will believe that very same fuckwit.

No need to mention nearly every team in the Premier League having some kind of connection to Middle Eastern money, as MacKenna disregards such facts, we should too, hey it's Journalism at its finest.
Also Manchester City are not state owned, they have very close relations to the UAE, as the owner is from there and runs the club via the City Football Group, but are not in any way owned by that state, this is free open information and is available easily and accessible to all.

As for MacKenna using pictures of these poor children who are genuinely suffering and dying to score points against a football club whilst completely disregarding any actual facts relating to the reasons for the horrible civil war in Yemen is beyond comprehension, what a vile human being, but on the plus side, he has gained followers on Twitter, fucking pathetic.
Yep he does have things closer to home he could be focusing on and the issue he claims to be an expert on is a great big complicated mess. It would be a ****s trick to blame it all on the UAE, much less Sheikh Mansour or a football club which has nothing to do with any of it, the latter were never in doubt for me.

Last edited:
Yep its great big complicated mess and it would be a ****s trick to trying blame it all on the UAE much less Sheikh Mansour or a football club which has nothing to do with any of it.

Yep, a very complicated mess where friends/enemies on both sides hide in the shadows.

Regarding MacKenna, a genuine wholehearted thundercùnt using Manchester City to gain followers on Twitter hiding behind a concern for human rights, his only genuine concern is followers on Twitter, nothing more.

Yep, a very complicated mess where friends/enemies on both sides hide in the shadows.

Regarding MacKenna, a genuine wholehearted thundercùnt using Manchester City to gain followers on Twitter hiding behind a concern for human rights, his only genuine concern is followers on Twitter, nothing more.
We shouldn't really give him as much attention as we do but I can just see other journalists in this country citing him or echoing him lazily, if they haven't already started.

I can see why Rabin felt the need to shoot him down to be fair, he's already known as a shite talker with an agenda, so the above might be avoided hopefully.

Edit: Also just realised I gave an Ewan MacKenna‏ quote thinking it was Delaney, not sure how I managed to confuse the two or where Ewans tweet was posted but I must have clicked a link from BM somewhere along the line. I'll pick Delaney quote when I can be bothered(unless someone wants to do the honours?) but Ewan's still a known identity/journalist who gets away with everything Delaney says he as a journalist wouldn't. :)

Last edited:
We shouldn't really give him as much attention as we do but I can just see other journalists in this country citing him or echoing him lazily, if they haven't already started.

I can see why Rabin felt the need to shoot him down to be fair, he's already known as a shite talker with an agenda, so the above might be avoided hopefully.

There is also Nicholas McGeehan who is equally a sanctimonious bellend as MacKenna on Twitter.
Another who is a defender of human rights based on football, notably Manchester City.

The person makes his living via media which when combined with sport allows greater publicity for what is effectively propaganda.

I cannot think of a single country.that is completely blameless when it comes to the detail of war, civil rights or arms supply both historically and currently.

Rich owners along with political leaders or even CEO"s of large companies don't get to their positions of power by being always nice charming polite and understanding individuals so I'm sure there is much to find there.
As a City supporter our ownership like our team inevitably changes so I think I will leave our owner to defend himself, his country and his choice of management.

Have you put this on his twitter account ? That's where it should be so others can see his hippocracey.

Great post

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.