Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
A football fan who pushed a man into a fountain in Barcelona has been banned from attending matches for three years.

Anthony Mullen, 57, had "targeted and humiliated" the Spanish man before Liverpool's Champions League semi-final in May, police said.

He was also found to have pulled down the trousers of a steward near Anfield stadium the following week.

Mullen, of Livingstone Drive North, Aigburth, was handed the banning order at South Sefton Magistrates Court.

His actions in the Placa Reial area of the Catalan capital were captured in videos posted on social media, while others were seen laughing and taunting.

'Innocent men humiliated'
At the time, Liverpool FC said such behaviour was "clearly totally unacceptable and will not be tolerated".

Mullen also pulled down the trousers of a steward when Liverpool played Wolverhampton Wanderers in a home match later the same month.

Supt Paul White, of Merseyside Police, described the incidents as "shocking" and said "two innocent men" had been "targeted and humiliated" by Mullen.

He thanked fans for their help in identifying Mullen and said the force did not want the "mindless acts of a few" to reflect on the football club and city.

The ban also prevents Mullen from being within two miles of Anfield before and after matches, and from travelling to cities when Liverpool play away fixtures.

Hahahaha, had to underline that part, how many arrests so far regarding the criminal behaviour and damage to our team coach?
Good news, but they should have banned him before the Champions League final. Don't know if he went, but he definitely shouldn't have been allowed to.

There are literally no words
424439c923630cfc59ca797d5f9e8cf4.jpg
That Tattooist need to change his white.

It just seems so odd for them to have a season brimming with as much potential as their 18/19 campaign and not want to use it as a platform for more. They've not gone after Fekir again which I thought they would, they've not tried to activate any release clauses or buy any new midfielders, it all seems like a huge risk. The only player I've seen them linked with is Asensio. Their squad is looking quite thin in some areas, especially at full-back. If TAA or Robertson get injured they're pretty screwed as of right now.

I predicted a re-signing of Origi for a reason. Klopp is a football romantic, and he wants to reward hard work, attitude and progress within his group.

It's why I'm equally afraid that Klopp will not buy a creative midfielder, since he sees Ox as a new signing. And I actually think that Klopp values Lallana as a very potent option. The Shaqiri injury might have an impact on his reasoning, but I'm not holding my breath.

Possible scenario: Klopp eyes u23:s Lewis, sees things he likes, and accept Milner and Lewis as back up @ LB.

Asensio would cost £80m and act as a backup, not very likely? It would go against the transfer history of both Klopp, FSG and Edwards.

Last edited:
I predicted a re-signing of Origi for a reason. Klopp is a football romantic, and he wants to reward hard work, attitude and progress within his group.

It's why I'm equally afraid that Klopp will not buy a creative midfielder, since he sees Ox as a new signing. And I actually think that Klopp values Lallana as a very potent option. The Shaqiri injury might have an impact on his reasoning, but I'm not holding my breath.

Possible scenario: Klopp eyes u23:s Lewis, sees things he likes, and accept Milner and Lewis as back up @ LB.

Asensio would cost £80m and act as a backup, not very likely? It would go against the transfer history of both Klopp, FSG and Edwards.

Money ball is still alive and well on Merseyside with Fenway sport. The extra revenues from the champions league goes into the club coffers but it looks like they want to see what Klopp can do with the core squad he has used over the last couple of seasons. If it works and they win the league or champs league again it’s a master stroke. If it doesn’t they can cash in on either Salah, Mane or Van Dijk next year and regroup with extra reinforcements. They have a knack of identifying players cheaply and selling them on afterwards.

Really interesting to see what they will do next year if they can maintain the consistency they had or will the champions league hang over be there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.