Away tickets

So what have we learnt?

-City might be cancelling points on away games
- Majority against a rolling system of 5 years.
-Majority against a ballot system. (used by rags but no reward for loyalty. All luck)
-If Ballot was introduced (would maybe be for 20-25% of tickets and you should need purchase history, STH, Cityzen membership)
-We need transparency on the end user of tickets as 50-200 are usually in the hands of tour groups (Ie daytrippers, foreign fans, celtic tours, Viagogo)
-Imo supporter clubs have been there thick and thin so (2 per club) is still a far shout and deserved.
-In other threads it was suggested that player tickets and the ticket office staff have had access to 50-200 tickets. They should be cut back.
-Platinum needs binned as £50 for loyalty seems like a cash cow and only increasing the gap. Big can of worms.
-Possibility introducing 16-25/30yo allocation to keep this age group engaged (we have a small % of STH in this bracket).
-Bin away tickets for Tunnel club holders
- No requirement for ID checks or pick up points at away stadiums as this is not Big Brother.
-More discussion from the club via City Matters or social medias on all of the above.

Thats my 2 pence so far and a range of issues and discussions that i can gauge from this thread.

So what have we learnt?

-Majority against a ballot system. (used by rags but no reward for loyalty. All luck)
-If Ballot was introduced (would maybe be for 20-25% of tickets and you should need purchase history, STH, Cityzen membership)
-We need transparency on the end user of tickets as 50-200 are usually in the hands of tour groups (Ie daytrippers, foreign fans, celtic tours, Viagogo)
-Imo supporter clubs have been there thick and thin so (2 per club) is still a far shout and deserved.
-In other threads it was suggested that player tickets and the ticket office staff have had access to 50-200 tickets. They should be cut back.
-Platinum needs binned as £50 for loyalty seems like a cash cow and only increasing the gap. Big can of worms.
-Possibility introducing 16-25/30yo allocation to keep this age group engaged (we have a small % of STH in this bracket).
- No requirement for ID checks or pick up points at away stadiums as this is not Big Brother.
-More discussion from the club via City Matters or social medias on all of the above.

Thats my 2 pence so far and a range of issues and discussions that i can gauge from this thread.
The majority (apart from City, and City Matters) are for a rolling system unless I'm mistaken? What is the criticism of it?

And seemingly any further discussion will only emerge after the club have made changes.

The majority (apart from City, and City Matters) are for a rolling system unless I'm mistaken? What is the criticism of it?

And seemingly any further discussion will only emerge after the club have made changes.

You are basing the majority of City supporters on the membership of Blue Moon then? With all due respect to the wonderful @Ric who definitely has the best and most populated City forum site, this site does NOT represent the majority of City fans/SCH so you can't really state the majority now can you? After all I could do a quick canvas of my friends all 168 of them I allow to contact me on FB and if 86 of them said they were against a rolling system then I could claim that the majority are against a rolling system!! IMHO

Supporter Services dont seem to want to reply however I have had a response from Colin / PrestwichBlue as follows

"We thought it had been decided some time ago but it seemed the club were having second thoughts at the end of last season. However they told us at a meeting on Monday that they were doing it. Could’ve been communicated better tbh."

so the new shit system which benefits very few is going ahead, no Ticket Points for away games. really please we were all included in the consultancy of this

You are basing the majority of City supporters on the membership of Blue Moon then? With all due respect to the wonderful @Ric who definitely has the best and most populated City forum site, this site does NOT represent the majority of City fans/SCH so you can't really state the majority now can you? After all I could do a quick canvas of my friends all 168 of them I allow to contact me on FB and if 86 of them said they were against a rolling system then I could claim that the majority are against a rolling system!! IMHO
Well in that sense, @UUJblue can't state the opposite either.

Bluemoon and the supporters I have spoken to about it may well not be representative of the whole supporter base, but I believe it is a far more accurate representation of supporter views than the views of just 8 City Matters representatives that are making terrible decision after terrible decision on everyone elses behalf.

Maybe I am mistaken and its not the majority, but can you explain what the downside of the rolling system is? The system we have (or had) is the envy of every other clubs supporters, but the criticism is that younger supporters are at a disadvantage. The rolling system fixes that problem.

So what have we learnt?

I suspect the majority of people commenting on this thread have a selfish interest in maintaining the status quo so I wouldn't take this as being representative of all City fans.

I suspect the majority of people commenting on this thread have a selfish interest in maintaining the status quo so I wouldn't take this as being representative of all City fans.
And the others arguing for change because they can't go to United away are selfless, right?

I think the issue is that personal circumstances could put you at either end of a rolling 5 year spectrum in terms of points.

Imagine we all started on Zero tomorrow, 35,000 STHs. Say half are on Platinum (£ 50)they go to 380 points and half on 190. Then cup schemes and so on. So before a ball is kicked, Jimmy who has a deeper pocket then most and in the position to expend on travel and schemes who got his ST in 2019 could be in the top 5% of points and therefore able to get all away games.

A Spurs mentioned it a few pages back (pg13) and they tried it between stadium changes and appeared to not show daylight between Loyalty and "Lately". He also pointed to different financial and family situations which we all go through at one point or another.

- family, financial ability, travel, Career and others things can all affect the ability of a city fan to build points over any 5 year period. So many stories of fans saying they cant go because they are overseas, getting married, kids, retired/retiring etc. Personally @ 27yo my money goes to holidays and the house these days that im limited to Home league games only with no aways or cups. (odd Champions league).

And the others arguing for change because they can't go to United away are selfless, right?

If people are arguing for that reason then no. But if people are arguing because the system quite clearly needs reforming and means that younger fans will always be at a disadvantage then I'd say they were arguing out of principle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.