Away tickets

Ballot comes in and that’s me done fucking awful system that.

When you find out you get a ticket transport will be expensive so then you decide oh well I can’t afford that. So you get penalized and fucked to the bottom or banned from applying

Same applies for people on low/no points now. They find out that they're gonna be able to buy a ticket at the last minute and prices go up. They don't buy a ticket, fall further behind in the loyalty points race, and potentially miss tickets for the next match. Just because it doesn't affect you now doesn't mean it doesn't affect others.

If people are arguing for that reason then no. But if people are arguing because the system quite clearly needs reforming and means that younger fans will always be at a disadvantage then I'd say they were arguing out of principle.
"As a point of principle, we want young fans to be able to go to away games"
"Any supporter with zero loyalty points could have gone to half the away games last year"
"....No we dont really want to go to those ones, just the ones we can be bothered with. The system's broke"

Same applies for people on low/no points now. They find out that they're gonna be able to buy a ticket at the last minute and prices go up. They don't buy a ticket, fall further behind in the loyalty points race, and potentially miss tickets for the next match. Just because it doesn't affect you now doesn't mean it doesn't affect others.
It affects the minority now, whereas you want it to affect everyone, forever.

Great news I don't have to go to all the crap night matches away at the other end of the country just to keep in front of the Johnny come latelys and the I only want to go to the big matches brigade.
Thank you City and our City reps you have made it impossible for anyone to catch up with the top point holders as they will maintain their points differential by attending home matches

It affects the minority now, whereas you want it to affect everyone, forever.

The minority?

How many people can guarantee they'll be able to go to every single away game? About 1,500 maybe? We get 54,000 a week and probably have a fan base at least 10 times that number.

I think the issue is that personal circumstances could put you at either end of a rolling 5 year spectrum in terms of points.

Imagine we all started on Zero tomorrow, 35,000 STHs. Say half are on Platinum (£ 50)they go to 380 points and half on 190. Then cup schemes and so on. So before a ball is kicked, Jimmy who has a deeper pocket then most and in the position to expend on travel and schemes who got his ST in 2019 could be in the top 5% of points and therefore able to get all away games.

A Spurs mentioned it a few pages back (pg13) and they tried it between stadium changes and appeared to not show daylight between Loyalty and "Lately". He also pointed to different financial and family situations which we all go through at one point or another.

- family, financial ability, travel, Career and others things can all affect the ability of a city fan to build points over any 5 year period. So many stories of fans saying they cant go because they are overseas, getting married, kids, retired/retiring etc. Personally @ 27yo my money goes to holidays and the house these days that im limited to Home league games only with no aways or cups. (odd Champions league).

The notion that people who buy platinum have deeper pockets is another myth peddled, I have never wanted to pay for it, but accepted if i didn't i would lose my place, to alter the criteria is very wrong, and bordering on illegal, and that's why it has stayed in its now token status.

The minority?

How many people can guarantee they'll be able to go to every single away game? About 1,500 maybe? We get 54,000 a week and probably have a fan base at least 10 times that number.
Yeah the minority. 54,000 can't go to away games and most of them dont want to (which is why half the games went to general sale).

Everyone knows roughly where they stand in the queue. If we get 3,000 tickets for a popular game, 2,500 of those will have a pretty good idea whether they'll get a ticket and can book what they need to. The rest know there might be 500 available and they can risk booking if they want to. 500 vs 2500 is a minority last I checked.

I think the clu
Supporter Services dont seem to want to reply however I have had a response from Colin / PrestwichBlue as follows

"We thought it had been decided some time ago but it seemed the club were having second thoughts at the end of last season. However they told us at a meeting on Monday that they were doing it. Could’ve been communicated better tbh."

so the new shit system which benefits very few is going ahead, no Ticket Points for away games. really please we were all included in the consultancy of this

Thanks for that Mark.

Do you think it will affect how many away games you do this season?

Great news I don't have to go to all the crap night matches away at the other end of the country just to keep in front of the Johnny come latelys and the I only want to go to the big matches brigade.
Thank you City and our City reps you have made it impossible for anyone to catch up with the top point holders as they will maintain their points differential by attending home matches

True - someone posted a list of games a few pages back and where they sold out. Majority 17000+ points and all top games. Those that were general sale, there is context behind those, geographical, price, day/time of the week, on TV etc that means its very difficult to commit when so many factors favour not going. All for 100-200 extra points but loads more £££ to the average man. I know its not the best attitude and the whole york away thing but its the truth.

The notion that people who buy platinum have deeper pockets is another myth peddled, I have never wanted to pay for it, but accepted if i didn't i would lose my place, to alter the criteria is very wrong, and bordering on illegal, and that's why it has stayed in its now token status.

Token status? Sounds like you are playing the game and down £50. How many points you on are do you think its worth keeping your place at the top of the pile. It may not be much like £50x 20,000 STH but its just another revenue stream for city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.