Modern footballers getting out of hand

This true. My dad recently told me a story of a new hire, early 20's, that was supposed to start at 9 a.m. She showed up at 11 a.m. Her reasoning was she had to exercise and get her nails done. In her mind, she was only two hours late. It shouldn't have been an issue as she had things she needed to do.
your dads not a football manager called Ole is he

Where has this current trend of not turning up for what you are employed to do come from? Neymar, Griezmann, Lemina, Pogba threatening and now Koscielny.

They weren't forced to sign the contracts they were offered so they should respect it.

I've never known a time where it is so common, you've always had the odd one like Pierre van Hooijdonk but we've had five in a week.

Clubs need to stand firm on this otherwise it will get out of hand and players will sign five year contracts knowning they can kick up a fuss in a years time and get their move as the club don't wish to have an asset worth millions not making millions for them sat in the stands or development teams.

Surely some club somewhere sometime will call the player's bluff and say "fine, sit on the bench for the rest of your contract then". He's hardly gonna command a huge fee so if I was on the Arsenal board, that would be my position. Cheeky fucker.

This true. My dad recently told me a story of a new hire, early 20's, that was supposed to start at 9 a.m. She showed up at 11 a.m. Her reasoning was she had to exercise and get her nails done. In her mind, she was only two hours late. It shouldn't have been an issue as she had things she needed to do.

I hope her next appointment was the job centre?

Just one of the things that pisses me off about modern football. Money is at the root of it all. It's all money money money. How much money do they fuckin want? It's not just footballers either it's agents and even managers these days. Look at Benitez going off to China ffs. What a greedy twat.
Be happy that you're getting stupid money and do what your club says.

Fuck em, they should stop their wages instantly and hold them to their contracts... A club has to take the lead on this and set a benchmark for the rest, the money modern players get is nothing short of ridiculous..

I'm no fan of piss can but he didn't take shit like this player power thing.. I don't think Pep would either, not sure if he's been in that situation with a player trying to hold a club to ransom to effect a transfer ?? Someone on here will know for sure :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.