Away tickets

Same applies for people on low/no points now. They find out that they're gonna be able to buy a ticket at the last minute and prices go up. They don't buy a ticket, fall further behind in the loyalty points race, and potentially miss tickets for the next match. Just because it doesn't affect you now doesn't mean it doesn't affect others.
That’s true but they know from the offset they may or may not get one that’s what happens when your at the bottom I had to do it along with 1000’s of others. I’ve been shat on being at the bottom now I’ve worked my way up some new comer wants to shit on me.

Whilst we are wiping the arse of moaning jcl's and conducting any ballot the hotel and travel costs are shooting up. As it is now i can book a champions league final trip almost a year in advance, the last away game of the season the instant fixtures are announced.the reason i can do that is because years ago i paid heavy for top games while my own points kicked in. Difference was that big games back were not Barcelona and co it was Macclesfield, Walsall etc. Not that that deterred us we went anyway.
So sorry if i want to protect the status quo but I've fucking earned it.

In this era of ubiquitous corporate cvnts City should steal a march and position ourselves as the people’s club. No corporates get tickets at all. Genuine bigwigs get a seat in the director’s box, all the rest of the corporate middle management mob can fuckin watch it on telly. 3rd party resale websites fucked off completely. No hangers on. No staff taking the piss handing out wads of tickets willy nilly. Limited numbers to supporters clubs. All the spare tickets this policy creates can go to younger fans at cheap prices.

If we play it right in 10 years time we’ll have 65000 proper blues at home games.

In this era of ubiquitous corporate cvnts City should steal a march and position ourselves as the people’s club. No corporates get tickets at all. Genuine bigwigs get a seat in the director’s box, all the rest of the corporate middle management mob can fuckin watch it on telly. 3rd party resale websites fucked off completely. No hangers on. No staff taking the piss handing out wads of tickets willy nilly. Limited numbers to supporters clubs. All the spare tickets this policy creates can go to younger fans at cheap prices.

If we play it right in 10 years time we’ll have 65000 proper blues at home games.

*applauds*

A few seasons back City ordered the full allocation of tickets from Chelsea and ended up having to buy the unsold 1/3rd. Following season City decided to only order half the allocation. I and hundreds of City fans didn't get tickets. I have no sympathy for fans who want to pick and choose games and can't get tickets when they decide they fancy going!

It was Birmingham away in 2004/05 which lead to this. There were two offers in those days e.g. you took 1,500 sale or return or 2,900 and had to pay for any unsold. The Brum game cost city £40,000 so after that they only took the lower amount on sale or return if the other club was going invoke that city paid for unsolds in the higher amount. Liverpool was the away after that and tickets were available from City on the day. The reason was we had had a poor run of a year or so with hardly any away wins, and fans dropped right off, and it remained that way until Sven.

Therefore we only took 1,100 at pompey and half the allocation for most London aways even up to part way through the Mancini era. Clubs like Blackburn and Wigan just said have the whole stand etc, but some would not if they could sell them themselves.

As for under 25s, these will be 30 soon, and then 40 or 50. People do drop off and others would have a chance if the amount going to points had not been severely reduced on an ongoing basis since 2007. Not the loyal fans fault.

The problem is by doing that you are feeding the touts. By the way I don't blame you for doing it, it's wrong that people are allowed to 'claim' the tickets and then sell them on.

Getting tickets this way is nothing new and will never change

Whilst we are wiping the arse of moaning jcl's and conducting any ballot the hotel and travel costs are shooting up. As it is now i can book a champions league final trip almost a year in advance, the last away game of the season the instant fixtures are announced.the reason i can do that is because years ago i paid heavy for top games while my own points kicked in. Difference was that big games back were not Barcelona and co it was Macclesfield, Walsall etc. Not that that deterred us we went anyway.
So sorry if i want to protect the status quo but I've fucking earned it.

Can't really argue with that. I've supported City for almost 60 years but due to family circumstances I currently have less than 10k points. Those with a lot more deserve to be first in the pecking order. I'm happy to be guaranteed a decent Cup Final seat. It is what it is.

Said it for a long time that tickets on third party sites are a piss take for away games. I understand the need to flog tourists tickets for home games but it’s wrong that these sites sell away tickets. Either the club are complicit in this or they are not. If not how do these sites obtain tickets and what are the club doing about it. If they are complicit then you are screwing over the core fan base for the sake of a few extra quid. In the long run it will cost the club more going down this route. What is the club doing about the number of tickets being sold by their staff members on the sly? If corporates want tickets then let them have home games where there is more availability. Distribution should be 80% via the points scheme, 10% to supporters clubs and the rest to the players etc.

If City don't sell the away allocation they PURCHASE for us fans they will start ordering LESS. FACT!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.