Mangala joins Valencia on a Permanent deal

We are looking after an previously injured player

Why? We owe him nothing. He is a professional footballer not a lost child we need to protect. If we're 'looking after' players going through a tough time I guess we should sign Micah and pay him till he gets back on his feet? I think Michael Johnson is an estate agent or something now but if we're dropping professional contracts to guys just to 'look after' them why not, he did FAR more for this club than the mangler?

If he wanted to play football he would have signed for Palace when the offer came in, or Spartak, or now Besiktas. The truth is he is either too arrogant to accept his place in football, too greedy to drop his wage, or too lazy to give anything a shot.

Thats what WS is saying. Why does he have a contract? It makes no sense. No one wants to buy him, he has no value he's just ticking over laughing all the way to the bank. It was a profoundly stupid decision to renew him. At best we might make a tiny amount short term, at worst we're paying his wages for no reason.
It’s been said that we gave him the extra year because he was injured, if true that’s a wonderful gesture by the club

ZOMG we are stuck with the Mangler another season! I am with you, and I surmise that the only reason we won the freaking treble and NOT the quadruple is because the Mangler was tied to this club last season. If we go another god damn season being stuck with him we are probably going to win the treble again! Fuuuuuuuuuck. Go away Mangler gooooooooooo

ZOMG we are stuck with the Mangler another season! I am with you, and I surmise that the only reason we won the freaking treble and NOT the quadruple is because the Mangler was tied to this club last season. If we go another god damn season being stuck with him we are probably going to win the treble again! Fuuuuuuuuuck. Go away Mangler gooooooooooo

Hmmm, is that sar-car-zam? ;) it will send a message to potential players that City look after their own - long game strategy yet again I feel...

We did win the quadruple !!

We did win the quadruple !!
05d.jpg

Why? We owe him nothing. He is a professional footballer not a lost child we need to protect. If we're 'looking after' players going through a tough time I guess we should sign Micah and pay him till he gets back on his feet? I think Michael Johnson is an estate agent or something now but if we're dropping professional contracts to guys just to 'look after' them why not, he did FAR more for this club than the mangler?

If he wanted to play football he would have signed for Palace when the offer came in, or Spartak, or now Besiktas. The truth is he is either too arrogant to accept his place in football, too greedy to drop his wage, or too lazy to give anything a shot.

Wayne Bridge 2.0?

It’s been said that we gave him the extra year because he was injured, if true that’s a wonderful gesture by the club
Hmmm I've posted this before but millionaire footballer gets his belly rubbed while thousands of fans pay for a pointless (sic) platinum scheme and we all have a S/C rise. I rarely call the club but an extension is a disgrace.

I can only think that the deal to sign him was so confusing that with third parties etc that paying him another year for doing nothing stops some clause kicking in somewhere, a sort of anti-appearance bonus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.