Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep he has said he prefers to provide the assists, I seem to recall. If he was more arrogant and selfish for the praise, I've no doubt he would have taken far more shots and scored way more. He'd have focused more of his training towards it and backed himself more as the goals tallied up. He's never had a bad shot on him, he's just hesitant with it at times.

When you have teammates like Kun Agüero, Gabriel Jesus, Raheem Sterling and Leroy Sané to supply, you don’t need to be prolific if you can pass like David can pass.

Was going to post that myself.

Since when did pre season friendlies get headlines?

Looks like it's going to be another Scouse twats love in.
It’s worse, it’s now “Liverpool Start Preseason in Style”.

If it had been us, there would be no match report, just a panel discussion about whether we are bringing the game into disrepute.

Currently beating Tranmere 6 0 last goal scored by some kid they have brought through their academy name of Duncan anyone heard of him?
Apparently related to slippy G.

Yeah, not really an own product. Came on a free transfer from city, last year. He's had a really interesting partnership with Paul Glatzel in the u18, scoring and assisting like mad men. Hype train is in full motion.

They had a pretty anonymous display last night, and end with an injury to Glatzel.

Indeed it is perhaps an indication of just how much Liverpool fans(many of which are journos and pundits) overrate their own players. Obviously Coutinho is still a good player but how good they rate their players is almost always way over the top with them(ie way more than the norm at any other club).

Some players ride the wave of hype and once moved on for an inflated fee, simply nose dive when they are in a club where they are judged on their actual merits and contributions. Personally I believe Sterling experienced this when he moved to City but he was young enough to make good on his potential, many blamed Pellers for the dip in his form but I think he just still had a lot to learn when he moved to City. Pep improved him further still from the first season he arrived. He's so much better now for not needing to ride the dipper hype wave, not needing smoke blown up his arse to play well.

With Coutinho I seem to remember they were touting him as the best player in the league and they were constantly trying to put him over the likes of David Silva in midfield even for creativity(shooting I'd agree, we've never relied on David for goals though). I think it's safe to say that was all bullshit now just as we told them back then.

I'm not sure Coutinho is a hype, but he is a delicate little flower. :)

He had similar problems at inter, and at spells where things aren't clicking he just seems to go into a shell and sulk. He needs someone like Brendan or Klopp to build him up, to play him even when he's on a low, and eventually that fragile little flower will blossom. :D

In Barcelona he's one of the rest, behind Messi. He doesn't have a central role, and if he's poor he won't get selected the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.