How many of these do you remember?

I still live just around the corner from where the Moon used to be ( now Morrisons garage )

That's right, not a lot of people remember it. It was great inside, pitch black with loads of craters, just like being on the Moon in fact. Used to pick up some top Ducky totty up from there back in the late 60's..lol! Probably all dead now.

Anyone remember the original Conti Club opposite the Palace? Knock on the door and the little hatch opened and if he knew your face you were in. Your feet didn't stick to the carpet, they squelched with all the piss overflowing from the toilets and there was a perpetual rainbow across the room! Full of nurses on a Thursday night.

I remember the one off Princess Street but not this one. I used to get in The Press Club on Deansgate this way. Link is a story about the Conti in the location you mention.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...s-to-nightclub-boss-behind-manchesters-851031

Moss Empires had the Princess, the College, Southern Sporting and the Domino. Brian Bookbinder became the MC at the Princess before opening his own grab-a-granny place in town. The original disco was the Phonograph, by far the biggest was the Belle Vue one, and for non pissheads there was Oasis, and for stoners Heaven and Hell.

Waves played rock music. No idea where it was in town as I was always pissed after watching some band in the Uni before we went there. There was a place in Oldham that had Bunnie girls

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.