Away tickets

Correct me if I am wrong but lower down the pyramid don’t teams have to have a certain ground capacity to be promoted. There is a case to be made that with all the money in the premier league there should be a minimum capacity of at least 20k for all grounds. Clubs can make stadium changes as they go through the leagues.
I think non-league clubs have to have a certain capacity to be allowed into the league. Bournemouth are getting £100m in TV money each year and doing nothing to improve facilities. If the Premier League said minimum capacity of 25,000 for all clubs with space for at least 3,000 away fans 90 per cent of the problems could be resolved. It's not just City fans who suffer from poor away allocations. The reality is that most clubs get more money from home fans (tickets are higher than the £30 cap) so are happy to shaft the away fans. City should join up with other bigger clubs and lobby for change but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Sorry, but if many blues think that younger people should be given some form of equal opportunity, whilst others (like Bill) don’t give a flying fuck, then this debate will always reach a stand-off.

However, at 54 years of age, with enough loyalty points for every match, (but not the vanity to assume the role of self-appointed super fan), I can see both points of blue.

In fact, as soon as Bournemouth do the decent thing, and get relegated, then we can all relax and reserve our fury for the distribution of 3,000 ticket allocation for the swamp, as opposed to the mid 70s when our fury was reserved for the distribution of 7,500 ticket allocation at the swamp.

Eventually, I expect the points system to be amended to a 5 year rolling period. However, this won’t reduce public accusations of “points whoring” often from people who’ve privately just benefitted from the same anomaly.

A far more practical solution would be a different system for the European games so that those fans who travelled to Lyon and Hoffenheim got first bite of the cheery for Schalke and Tottenham. However, my suggestion fell on deaf ears last season

Anyway, Good Luck to Colin and the others who sacrifice so much time for so little reward.

Just go the old fashioned way. Release the date what the tickets come on sale and it's first come first served. if you cant get to the ticket office then tough titty, you miss out. People can camp out for the big games and we can be on the news for queues zig-zagging through the east manchester. No arguments then.

Just go the old fashioned way. Release the date what the tickets come on sale and it's first come first served. if you cant get to the ticket office then tough titty, you miss out. People can camp out for the big games and we can be on the news for queues zig-zagging through the east manchester. No arguments then.
Ah the days of dogshit alley freezing in the snow with test match special on the radio moaning about the heat.

Fucking kids today have no idea.

You are right to highlight allocations. Why have they been reduced so much at a time when hooliganism is virtually non-existent? Clubs should be forced to provide more tickets for away fans. Bournemouth are just taking the piss. They get Premier League money and provide a non-league stadium. German club away followings are much larger. We should increase our capacity to 60,000 plus and offer up to 6000 to the rags, Liverpool, Everton etc as long as they reciprocate.
I have said before that unless you can commit 5000 seats to away fans you don't get promoted to the prem.

So what I can gather from this thread City plan to scrap points for away fixtures. Interesting tactic they are clearly looking at the low attendances for Home fixtures in League and Cup and offering an incentive for attendance. I recall several years back in the Europa League you being award 100 bonus points for a group of games. Didn't make a difference the top tiers were still closed.
The biggest problem is making sure that those who have bought the tickets are the ones that are using them.

Doesn't look like there are any points for this game unless City are waiting to see what reaction, if any?

I thought points were going to be awarded for games that didn't sell out. Disgraceful how this new set up has been implemented, no announcement, just sneaked in, and no clarity has to what is actually happening, if no points are on offer why would they sell platinum

I thought points were going to be awarded for games that didn't sell out. Disgraceful how this new set up has been implemented, no announcement, just sneaked in, and no clarity has to what is actually happening, if no points are on offer why would they sell platinum

They gave me double points for renewing my season Card, 380. Probably double points for HOME cup games. It is sneaky not saying anything. Points for away games is a massive incentive to go, especially difficult KO times and night games. Less fans will go to these games and City will probably order less tickets next season. That HAS happened in the past!

No always a choice as a lot of people may have been unable to build up points due to work etc

Most who built them up will be despite work, taking holidays, taking kids along etc. There is no doubt the ones over 24k have put in a tremendous effort, and for the ones with no points it isn't just down to bad luck.

Same when people can't afford the semi final, but can afford the final where the tickets are almost double.

You are right to highlight allocations. Why have they been reduced so much at a time when hooliganism is virtually non-existent? Clubs should be forced to provide more tickets for away fans. Bournemouth are just taking the piss. They get Premier League money and provide a non-league stadium. German club away followings are much larger. We should increase our capacity to 60,000 plus and offer up to 6000 to the rags, Liverpool, Everton etc as long as they reciprocate.

Bournemouth are taking the piss.
Thy have been on the gravy train for a few years now and done fuck all.
They keep saying they have been in negotiations to find a new venue.
I have been to all the games City have played there so I know the ground.
It would not be too difficult to take the roof of one of the stands behind the goal or even at the side and increase the capacity by couple of thousand.
They should be forced by the league to give at least 2000 to visiting fans.
If you see any of their games against non fashionable clubs you will see gaps in their support.
It's great to see teams like them up their but their lack of tickets for away fans should be addressed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.