United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my go to method for winding up rags is to opine that Scholes was on a par with Gareth Barry. Absolutely guaranteed to get them frothing at the mouth. The conversation usually goes something like this:

Me: "Never used to see him much in highlights packages"
Rag(s): "Ah that's because you had to be at the game - his positional sense, movement blah blah blah"
Me: "Oh, that's a bit like Gareth Barry"
Rag(s): "Scholes used to run the game from the base of the diamond - a bit like a quarterback"
Me: "Yeah, so did Gareth Barry"
Rag(s): "WTF. Zidane says Scholes is one of the best players he's ever seen"
Me: "David Silva says Gareth Barry was the player of the season in 2011-2012"
etc etc.

For what it's worth, Scholes was obviously a much better player than Gaz Baz but he was not at the level that rags seem to think. Nowhere near the world class player he was/is made out to be. IMHO

Over-hyped by the rags you mean ? Not in the Govan bully's lifetime !

I cannot allow my biased views to linger solely in my deranged mindset for any longer: ginger pig was a rag, therefor he was and is a fukcing Cnut who should have been smothered at birth and never permitted to taint the game of football.

Stop being so conciliatory.
He was, is and always will be a ****.

The way their pre-season is panning out with signings (or rather non signings) there is a very realistic chance of them finishing 7th or even 8th.

If that happens will the footballing fraternity refer to the premier league as the top 10?

When the likes of the rags, dippers, Arsenal and Chelsea were all finishing in the top four they were happy to call it the top four. Its seems that wherever the filth finish is the new benchmark.

The way their pre-season is panning out with signings (or rather non signings) there is a very realistic chance of them finishing 7th or even 8th.

If that happens will the footballing fraternity refer to the premier league as the top 10?

When the likes of the rags, dippers, Arsenal and Chelsea were all finishing in the top four they were happy to call it the top four. Its seems that wherever the filth finish is the new benchmark.
Just smile fella, relevance is apparently really important.. .unless you're top of the heap like we are now.

You're right, I watching some ESPN nonsense and the presenter said to a studio of nodding heads "We used to talk about the top four, but now we have to talk about the big six"

And I thought, why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.