Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are so desperate for some news, they are over thinking things.

I said about 200 pages ago, bayern won't be buying him, they won't pay what he's worth, and unless Leroy decides to not sign a contract so he can go there at the end of this one, they won't get him, and if he makes it clear to City that that is what he's doing, he'll play even less football than last year, and rightly so.

City hold all the cards right now, bayern are hoping we'll let him go if they make him unhappy, they're wrong, we can make it known he's available, and accept significant offers that come in, if he refuses to go, and does what Koscielny is trying to do, he'll probably play no football.

Quite surprised about your statement contrary to what club officials and especially Pep have said more than once,
(and you know it):

if a player wants to leave he can go. He should go. He even has to go.
Pep doesn't want to work with unmotivated players. No way.
City also wouldn't put such a player (rather any player) in the stands.
It would damage his valuation and it would be a media desaster as well marketing wise.
That's not City's philosophy.

Maybe you wish we were holding the cards even if Leroy says 'I want out'.
We don't.
In theory maybe. Not in reality.

We would take the money and invest in a player who wants to play for us, fully committed.

Remains: what does Leroy want?

I'm a know fuck all.
Sane will:
Stay and sign a new contract
Stay and not sign a new contract
Leave for big pile of cash.

I hope it's the first.

Time will tell.

Quite surprised about your statement contrary to what club officials and especially Pep have said more than once,
(and you know it):

if a player wants to leave he can go. He should go. He even has to go.
Pep doesn't want to work with unmotivated players. No way.
City also wouldn't put such a player (rather any player) in the stands.
It would damage his valuation and it would be a media desaster as well marketing wise.
That's not City's philosophy.

Maybe you wish we were holding the cards even if Leroy says 'I want out'.
We don't.
In theory maybe. Not in reality.

We would take the money and invest in a player who wants to play for us, fully committed.

Remains: what does Leroy want?
You’re missing one particularly important point.

Any player can go so long as the club receives an offer it believes to be satisfactory and he had two years left ergo ‘we hold all the cards’.

Last edited:
It's entirely speculative but I'm surprised there haven't been any rumours of Dortmund getting involved and trying to nick him from Bayern. Some sort of swap deal of Sane for Sancho would make some sense if Sane refuses to sign a new deal and wants to return to Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.