Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things you won’t be hearing:
Have they no shame, fancy beating a team 6-0...surely they should stop at 4... it’s making a mockery of the friendly, won’t someone think of the tranmere children, it’s not a competition anymore, how much more did their squad cost in comparison, there bench cost more than the entire oppositions players... etc etc

Slightly off topic (in terms of the dippers) but on topic for your comment, who was the prick of a journalist who was tweeting about how us beating Watford 6-0 was the death of football? We had just wrapped up the first ever domestic treble and he's going on about the score...guess what mate, we're the best team in the fucking country and Watford are midtable...we beat teams like that (Watford included) in the league by scores of 4,5,6 every season...so why is it the death of football that it happens in a cup final? Maybe the other big sides should have reached the final

I'm not sure Coutinho is a hype, but he is a delicate little flower. :)

He had similar problems at inter, and at spells where things aren't clicking he just seems to go into a shell and sulk. He needs someone like Brendan or Klopp to build him up, to play him even when he's on a low, and eventually that fragile little flower will blossom. :D

In Barcelona he's one of the rest, behind Messi. He doesn't have a central role, and if he's poor he won't get selected the next game.
I did say he is still a good player, the point was his real level is lower than what Liverpool fans made it out to be(I actually think he is better than he has shown at Barca so far too btw). He was never anywhere near David Silva as a creative midfielder or the best player in the premier league. He was simply one of the top players when on form, which is more than enough praise.

It's never enough to say that for the majority of Liverpool fans though, it's always "x is the best player in the world, la"

Torres, Suarez, Sterling, Coutinho, Salah, VVD... All good players but have all had similar levels of hype applied to them while at Liverpool. Every player that has left, quickly saw their stock plummet rapidly once having the hype rug pulled from under them. Suarez may be the exception(seem to remember he took a while to win them over still and has since fell out of favour a bit recently) but he went into a very strong Barca squad when he moved, assists and goals should come easy with service like that around you... it's the argument aimed at City players.

What is the one constant with the above? Being at Liverpool, hyped by a majority of deluded fans?(even if you yourself are a little more down to earth, surely you can see a large majority are that way) Seems to be starting with Mané now too. Mané best in the world next season?

Last edited:
I did say he is still a good player, the point was his real level is lower than what Liverpool fans made it out to be(I actually think he is better than he has shown at Barca so far too btw). He was never anywhere near David Silva as a creative midfielder or the best player in the premier league. He was simply one of the top players when on form, which is more than enough praise.

It's never enough to say that for the majority of Liverpool fans though, it's always "x is the best player in the world, la"

Torres, Suarez, Sterling, Coutinho, Salah, VVD... All good players but have all had similar levels of hype applied to them while at Liverpool. Every player that has left, quickly saw their stock plummet rapidly once having the hype rug pulled from under them. Suarez may be the exception(seem to remember he took a while to win them over still and has since fell out of favour a bit recently) but he went into a very strong Barca squad when he moved, assists and goals should come easy with service like that around you... it's the argument aimed at City players.

What is the one constant with the above? Being at Liverpool, hyped by a majority of deluded fans?(even if you yourself are a little more down to earth, surely you can see a large majority are that way) Seems to be starting with Mané now too. Mané best in the world next season?

I think that Coutinho has been far too inconsistent, both during the individual games, individual seasons and whole career, to compete with Silva.

I'm quite the forum nerd and my view is that the general opinion regarding Coutinho has been pretty divided. If you look past RAWK, there was always a debate around his defensive contribution and his uncanny ability to go missing.

Can't really say that neither Salah nor Suarez was/is hype, unless you build it around extreme posts at RAWK. They have the end product to back it up.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic (in terms of the dippers) but on topic for your comment, who was the prick of a journalist who was tweeting about how us beating Watford 6-0 was the death of football? We had just wrapped up the first ever domestic treble and he's going on about the score...guess what mate, we're the best team in the fucking country and Watford are midtable...we beat teams like that (Watford included) in the league by scores of 4,5,6 every season...so why is it the death of football that it happens in a cup final? Maybe the other big sides should have reached the final
Most of the "big" teams couldn't be arsed picking full strength teams. City do and get shit for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.