New Kitchens

Do I need to have a trade account to buy a kitchen from Howdens? Was in the trades for years so going to fit the kitchen myself. Just dont have any trade accounts anywhere anymore.. any advice on where to buy (or where not) appreciated :-)
We’ve just had a Howdens kitchen fitted.
Fortunately a blue mate of mine has a trade account with them, and he fitted it as well.

We had a kitchen supplied and fitted from a place in Ramsbottom. I think they were called Ramsbottom kitchens or something like that. No flat pack or fixings showing, Inc cooker, sink, tiling, floor, electrics, cert. 5 m long kitchen with furniture all round. No problems. Would recommend which is unusual for me being a qs.
Our last kitchen was fitted by them. It’s expensive but they do get a quality product and are very good with the work.

We had a wren kitchen last year. While it's a nice kitchen don't think I'd ever use them again.
The design process took nearly a whole day to complete and we don't have a big kitchen. It was like Ryanair the further we got in the more cost they added on. At the end of the day they said final cost was going to be 16k. As we were getting up to walk out manager appeared by magic and managed to get it down to 8k including free appliances but another 2k for fitting.
Thankfully had a builder doing other stuff in kitchen who knew a fitte who probabably did it a lot better and for a lot less.

Had lots of other niggles that wound me up such as delivery of tempory sink and work top Which we had covertly been charged for etc

Fitter said if we do anything like that again get a good kitchen fitter and get it from howdens.
Hope that helps

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.