Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought for 8m sold for 10m 3 years later.
Good for City apart from losing a hg player), good for Delph at 30 with potential greater playing time.
Did a job for us, consumate pro, gets to count medals in retirement, won more PL's than Stevie Starfish.
If Danilo stays, Angelino already replaced him.
What's not to like?

Now is the right time for him to move on after two solid seasons, one very good one and a poor one. With Angeliño here we don't need his homegrown status and he won't be getting many games as our fourth-choice left-back. Best for us and for him that he moves on and as always when a player leaves City I hope he stays in the Premier League so we can at least keep an eye on him on Match of the Day every week.

I'm a little confused. Angelino is home grown or club trained? If it is the latter then we still need an English player in to fill our homegrown quota right?

For the best for us and him.

Been a loyal and dependable part of the squad and showed great adaptability and attitude in playing out of position so often.

A very good player who will be the best player player at Everton.

Thanks and all the best to the kid.

Can’t think of another established serial title winning England international with vast experience who’s also versatile going for anything like that figure.

All the best to Delph he’s a top quality player, with great attitude who’s always been given undeserved stick on here despite giving us everything. Was absolutely crucial in our centurion season and will forever be remembered for it.

Not impressed with City getting only £8m for a player who captained England earlier this year. We simply have no idea where negotiating is concerned.

Not impressed with City getting only £8m for a player who captained England earlier this year. We simply have no idea where negotiating is concerned.
Almost 30, injury prone, poor last season, big wages. Don't think it's that hard to understand.

I think City getting 250K for every game he's likely to play in the remainder of his career is pretty good; 2 seasons at 18 games and a 3rd season of 4 games .. and that's based on him not jumping in to any red card tackles !

Not really given the contract he will be on here,and his injury record.

We are probably doing him a favour for his excellent service too.
I agree. Instead of sending him to Turkey, the lad can play, hopefully, a large part for Everton and he won't have to uproot and move house if he doesn't want to.

Getting back what we paid, iir, and doing a favour for a man that has been a good servant to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.