Bruno Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely agree, however can see that Pep / city wont think that way. Would push Foden down the pecking order + Zin now hes been moved to a free #8 role.

But if we were saying; 'would we be stronger if we signed Bruno Fernandes this summer'

Most definitely. I think he'd be knocking on the door of the first 11 most weeks. Almost a mini KdB imo

So Zin has gone from starting left back in June to a #8 in July?

What's all these nonsense here. I'm not tryna get myself invested in this.

Smells like Isco.

Think too much whoring by his agent for us to have any interest in this unless a player swop involving Manga and cash with him going back to Portugal was on the cards.
Who knows. It's all smoke and mirrors this transfer malarky.

..... I personally don't don't think Foden will be ready to replace Silva as a regular starter for another 3-4 seasons yet, so that's where Bruno comes into my thinking.

That statement has ensured any further comments you have on players ability will be auto labelled as irrelevant on this forum !

I'm not sure why there isn't more of a clamour for him. He's played very well the times I've seen him, he's of the right age & doesn't seem injury prone. PLUS his buy out clause is only £30m!

In terms of Bruno, I'm thinking in terms of 12 months time. I personally don't don't think Foden will be ready to replace Silva as a regular starter for another 3-4 seasons yet, so that's where Bruno comes into my thinking.
That’s were our opinions differ. I think Foden is more than capable of starting 10-15 league games right now, as well as starting in all the domestic cup competitions. He’s still got to mature physically and that will come in time but we can’t keep holding him back, otherwise he’ll leave just like Sancho and Diaz. That doesn’t mean we should just play him for the sake of it, it means if he’s earned his chance he should be given the opportunity.

Don’t get me wrong some games we’ll need to pull him off at 45-60 minutes if he’s not having an impact but again that’s part of the learning curve with him, especially when we have the luxury of Silva or Gundogan ready to step in.

If anyone thinks he’s not ready technically or tactically then they’re talking utter bollocks (in my opinion), I’d love them to clarify why and what exactly he’s not capable of, to me it’s just a handy excuse to spend rather than develop. You can guarantee it’ll be the same people who argued to the death that Pep should change his system and philosophy in that first season until he got his players in. When in fact he was using that season to develop the players and instil (is that the right word?) his methods and tactics which meant by his second season we were good to go and got 100 points. It’s just proof “sometimes” you have to put development above results, it’s just finding the right balance between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.