Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Zinny, model professional and works so hard. Always a smile on his face and deserves every success. I think Leroy is a great player but chalk and cheese in terms of attitude.

Think that's a bit harsh on Sane. He's not exactly Robinho on the pitch and in training.

And he's got a serious and tough choice to make here. By moving to Bayern he can virtually guarantee himself a game every week, trophies, a nailed in starting place in the German team, bigger wages (at least in the short term) and going back to his home country.

Next year at City he is guaranteed nothing minutes wise (matter how well he trains) with the competition for places in his spot. Sterling, Bernardo, Mahrez...and you can probably add Jesus to that list after his Copa America performances.

This has gone on long enough now; been dragging on all summer. To use an old saying; time for Leroy to piss or get off the pot. If he decides to stay, brilliant. I don't want to lose him. But if his head has been turned by B****n, and he is unsettled, move him on. No point holding onto an unhappy player. But €90m (just under £81m). Behave. Add a minimum £20m to that.

In reality he would not sulk for two years so it is likely we get value from him as a player. His asset value will have been fully discounted by the end of his contract and he is on relatively low wages. The risk is not as significant as you think.

If he's on low wages know wonder he's sulking

If the club wanted to sell Sane, or if indeed he wanted to leave, he'd have been long gone by now. Much is made of and read into pep's attitude towards sane and sane's body language. Again, if pep wanted him gone, woulda happened right at the start of the summer, like the swift exits pep and tixi previously arranged for the likes of ronaldinho, eto'o, ibra, hart, nolito etc.

Whenever the lad spoke publicly he was always professional and showed no frustration at not playing, saying he was fighting for his place. And on the pitch he does, i have no issue with his performances OR his 'attitude'. he had one and a half bad game (against stubborn teams) and two shrugs of the shoulders, and folk write his whole season off. Pep has also always said the club want him here.

So despite all the noise from Bayern, its a case of he agrees a new contract this summer, or he doesnt, either way, he starts the season as a City player. Maybe he agrees a new contact by next summer, maybe he doesnt. He still plays the whole of next season with us.

Reading some of the comic media it looks likely that PSG could be making an offer , and they will not piss about they will pay the going rate of £120m in a blink of an eye , the German Rags are purely waiting for Sane to make a transfer request and become unsettled to buy him on the cheap , i would be very disappointed if Sane left our club but if he went to PSG instead of Rummennige's tax dodgers then it would soften the blow.

If the club wanted to sell Sane, or if indeed he wanted to leave, he'd have been long gone by now. Much is made of and read into pep's attitude towards sane and sane's body language. Again, if pep wanted him gone, woulda happened right at the start of the summer, like the swift exits pep and tixi previously arranged for the likes of ronaldinho, eto'o, ibra, hart, nolito etc.

Whenever the lad spoke publicly he was always professional and showed no frustration at not playing, saying he was fighting for his place. And on the pitch he does, i have no issue with his performances OR his 'attitude'. he had one and a half bad game (against stubborn teams) and two shrugs of the shoulders, and folk write his whole season off. Pep has also always said the club want him here.

So despite all the noise from Bayern, its a case of he agrees a new contract this summer, or he doesnt, either way, he starts the season as a City player. Maybe he agrees a new contact by next summer, maybe he doesnt. He still plays the whole of next season with us.
So refreshing to hear someone who doesn't swallow the "attitude" narrative. It's bollocks.

Because of our idiot Premier league chairman who voted last year to close the English transfer window before the domestic season starts (it still mystifies me why we agreed to this without the rest of Europe doing it too), Bayern will simply bide their time and turn it up a notch when our season starts making it almost impossible for Sane to play as he will be too distracted. Bild, ule hoeness, rumminigge, ex players, current players, the Manager... They'll all be at it until he finally leaves.

I could be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.